Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Marshall made a lot more good choices than he did bad. And he was judged by a (d)evolving standard fueled by progressive social pressures that people (and liberals) are pushing back against furiously today. He was made an example of, and the Shocker fanbase paid the price.
    Woody Hayes says “Hello”.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

There’s a lot of good players out there playing for crappy teams. We just have to convince enough of them that WSU is better than whatever it is they have going on.
      I believe in the 2 recruits we have so far in Williams and Pipkin. I'd try to hold on to (assuming they will want to stay) Ballard, Colby, DeGray, Bell (he is from Wichita area) and I don't know enough about Joy and Yanis. Considering we really need an experienced PG (Juco?), I not sure how many 1 and 2s we can afford to have on the roster and fill our other needs (at the 4 and 5).

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
        There were times over the last two seasons under Brown where I hated what I saw on the court and couldn't imagine the team getting any worse.

I guess I didn't try hard enough. It could clearly get worse.

There are people on the team that clearly do not care anymore. **** them. They can ride the bench. They can leave the team. No more playing time.

There is not much left to play for this season, so goodbye. Let people who want some playing time get it.
        Agree, it's not a matter of who has the most talent or athletic at this point. It doesn't even matter what positions they play,. It's a matter of desire, effort and attitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I believe in the 2 recruits we have so far in Williams and Pipkin. I'd try to hold on to (assuming they will want to stay) Ballard, Colby, DeGray, Bell (he is from Wichita area) and I don't know enough about Joy and Yanis. Considering we really need an experienced PG (Juco?), I not sure how many 1 and 2s we can afford to have on the roster and fill our other needs (at the 4 and 5).
          Holding on to those two recruits is HUGE.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
            He punched a player and choked a coach and wouldn't admit it or apologize for it. That's why he got fired.
            He was willing to make a public apology and Boatright (and others I presume like Goden) didn't care.

Comment

• For the "It Don't Matter Now Catagory." Here are 2 teams we played early on when some hoped that we might get away with not having a solid point guard sometimes.. Richmond is now 10-2, 18-7 and even beat Dayton. Remember the W. Kentucky team that couldn't even make 1 three pointer at our barn? They are now 8-4, and 19-7 and only lost to Liberty 70-68. None of this makes SN or me feel better, but I heard that misery loves company, so there is that for free. Carry On.

PS: Maybe good that we caught them early before this trend of habitual losing? To help, I'm feeling a guaranantee prediction by FSF against Tulsa. None of my other bright ideas so far have helped one iota.. The Tulsa road loss with our 11 pt. lead at halftime and then losing by 11 seemed to really hit my "top 3 list" of Shocker disparaging losses. I see over the horizon a couple of wins. These Shockers need to give it their all. Those who don't need to get benched.

Winning is fun. The 2 new recruits for next Season is a good start for what might be wholesale changes for next seasons roster? Stay tuned.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

He was willing to make a public apology and Boatright (and others I presume like Goden) didn't care.
                I was under the impression that the apology and anger management was refused, but let's get back to Mills.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I don't know. I remember more fun in the 90's lol
                  That's because we were younger.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

And we couldn't see every game.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Well...true.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

And we couldn't see every game.
                        Also...true. I only saw the home games. Had to listen to Mike on the road games. And he always makes things sound better than they truly are lol
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I was under the impression that the apology and anger management was refused, but let's get back to Mills.
                          It wasn't refused. Except by Boatright.

Comment

It wasn't refused. Except by Boatright.
                            Boatright refused an apology for something he was already well-aware of for months or years? Make it make sense.

It’s remarkable how at every turn Boatright was all about Boatright.

Comment

Stop sugarcoating it! He came right out and denied that any of it ever happened. He never for a minute thought his job was actually on the line. He only offered an apology and to attend anger management after the investigation was completed and by that time it was to late.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerlady View Post

Stop sugarcoating it! He came right out and denied that any of it ever happened. He never for a minute thought his job was actually on the line. He only offered an apology and to attend anger management after the investigation was completed and by that time it was too late.
                                Man Patty, you’re here in an instasecond to set everything straight.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X