Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This feels exactly like the 90s

Comment

• Time to change the title of this thread. Something 3G once told me.
      When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

• People thinking that the roster they are enjoying today will miraculously be replaced with a solid one tomorrow, might be in a for a rude awakening. The same guy that recruited these kids will be recruiting the new kids. And now when he walks into a home, they'll have plenty of tape to judge the coach by. Nobody wants to play for a loser. It absolutely affects a kid's ability to go pro.

So... Mills better have a WAD of cash for next year's recruiting extravaganza, or a helluva pitch as to why this year was just his "practice year", and next year he's going to be MUCH better.

Will parents give Mills a mulligan? Would you if it was your kid?

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Marshall made a lot more good choices than he did bad. And he was judged by a (d)evolving standard fueled by progressive social pressures that people (and liberals) are pushing back against furiously today. He was made an example of, and the Shocker fanbase paid the price.
          He punched a player and choked a coach and wouldn't admit it or apologize for it. That's why he got fired.

Comment

People thinking that the roster they are enjoying today will miraculously be replaced with a solid one tomorrow, might be in a for a rude awakening. The same guy that recruited these kids will be recruiting the new kids. And now when he walks into a home, they'll have plenty of tape to judge the coach by. Nobody wants to play for a loser. It absolutely affects a kid's ability to go pro.

So... Mills better have a WAD of cash for next year's recruiting extravaganza, or a helluva pitch as to why this year was just his "practice year", and next year he's going to be MUCH better.

Not expecting a miracle, no. But I do know that the odds of turning this group into winners is NIL. So I will take the chances with a new roster and a lot of luck at this point.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
              This feels exactly like the 90s
              I don't know. I remember more fun in the 90's lol
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                He punched a player and choked a coach and wouldn't admit it or apologize for it. That's why he got fired.
                I was afraid of many of my teachers when I was growing up. And the principal had his paddle hanging on the wall behind his desk. The classroom was orderly and kids paid attention.

Gregg Marshall is a ****ing legend.

Comment

• My kid is a winner and recognizes weakness! He’s in the pewee-socker league. He has a ten foot pole, good luck Paul.
                  When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

I was afraid of many of my teachers when I was growing up. And the principal had his paddle hanging on the wall behind his desk. The classroom was orderly and kids paid attention.

Gregg Marshall is a ****ing legend.
                    Yes!!! I met him, liked him and would trust him.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I don't know. I remember more fun in the 90's lol
                      It's the 90's when people come to the games for "a family outing", and enjoy the opposing team more than their own without resentment.

We're not quite there yet. People still have a little bit of pride left. I'm still so angry I can't even watch the games.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                        I got punched, I got choked. I never received an apology. I didn’t cry…I just went on to defend our country. Get it?

Comment

People thinking that the roster they are enjoying today will miraculously be replaced with a solid one tomorrow, might be in a for a rude awakening. The same guy that recruited these kids will be recruiting the new kids. And now when he walks into a home, they'll have plenty of tape to judge the coach by. Nobody wants to play for a loser. It absolutely affects a kid's ability to go pro.

There’s a lot of good players out there playing for crappy teams. We just have to convince enough of them that WSU is better than whatever it is they have going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by KSUUWSU View Post

I got punched, I got choked. I never received an apology. I didn’t cry…I just went on to defend our country. Get it?
                            No. Not at all

Comment

• There were times over the last two seasons under Brown where I hated what I saw on the court and couldn't imagine the team getting any worse.

I guess I didn't try hard enough. It could clearly get worse.

There are people on the team that clearly do not care anymore. **** them. They can ride the bench. They can leave the team. No more playing time.

There is not much left to play for this season, so goodbye. Let people who want some playing time get it.
                              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Woody Hayes says “Hello”.

Comment

Working...
                                X