No announcement yet.

Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember when FVV pulled his hamstring while playing Tulsa in 15-16. We went on and lost that game then Baker took over pg duties and we lost 3 in a row against USC, Alabama, and Iowa. Iowa demolished us 84 to 61. As good as Baker was he struggled to run the point because he was not a natural pg. He was turning it over and they wouldn't let him get any open looks. FVV comes back and we look like ourselves again. We make it into the tournament and win a couple of games. If we get a quality pg for next year we will look like a different team. I believe HCPM has to know that. XB is not a pg and he knows it.
    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
      I remember when FVV pulled his hamstring while playing Tulsa in 15-16. We went on and lost that game then Baker took over pg duties and we lost 3 in a row against USC, Alabama, and Iowa. Iowa demolished us 84 to 61. As good as Baker was he struggled to run the point because he was not a natural pg. He was turning it over and they wouldn't let him get any open looks. FVV comes back and we look like ourselves again. We make it into the tournament and win a couple of games. If we get a quality pg for next year we will look like a different team. I believe HCPM has to know that. XB is not a pg and he knows it.
      Gonna hope that's not the only thing he knows and is relying on. His ability to land a FVV (an NBA All-Star level PG) is probably not there. Hopefully he can at least get an AAC All-conference level PG and then adjust his system to make it work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
        I think that the biggest difference between Gregg and Paul is that everyone could see during games how much Ggg cared (that doesn't mean that PM cares less, just that it isn't as easily seen). Gregg's best players often liked him because they wanted to win as bad as he did.

I'm not sure that Gregg's personality would work as much with the present day Portal movement compared to then. Maybe, to an extent (short term), but it wouldn't work the same way.
        I disagree.

Bobby Hurley is a tough coach. Kelvin Sampson is a tough coach. They're both at the top of the polls, and top the charts in terms of W/L record. Both look to compete for National Championship this year. They've no shortage of players playing hard for the coaches, I doubt many would enter the portal from those getting good minutes. I mean, who wouldn't want to play for that kind of coach? I'm sure they can pick and choose from the portal as they'd like.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

I disagree.

Bobby Hurley is a tough coach. Kelvin Sampson is a tough coach. They're both at the top of the polls, and top the charts in terms of W/L record. Both look to compete for National Championship this year. They've no shortage of players playing hard for the coaches, I doubt many would enter the portal from those getting good minutes. I mean, who wouldn't want to play for that kind of coach? I'm sure they can pick and choose from the portal as they'd like.
          *Dan Hurley .. but point taken.

Comment

• Those who are thinking that this season is as bad as WSU has ever been seem to be forgetting that Craig Steven started games at PG in all four years he was enrolled here - as a walk on.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I remember when FVV pulled his hamstring while playing Tulsa in 15-16. We went on and lost that game then Baker took over pg duties and we lost 3 in a row against USC, Alabama, and Iowa. Iowa demolished us 84 to 61. As good as Baker was he struggled to run the point because he was not a natural pg. He was turning it over and they wouldn't let him get any open looks. FVV comes back and we look like ourselves again. We make it into the tournament and win a couple of games. If we get a quality pg for next year we will look like a different team. I believe HCPM has to know that. XB is not a pg and he knows it.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                Those who are thinking that this season is as bad as WSU has ever been seem to be forgetting that Craig Steven started games at PG in all four years he was enrolled here - as a walk on.
                I would not be stunned if Craig is on here.....I could be wrong.....
                He's RAISING some athletes....

Comment

• Yes, I remember that Tulsa loss when FVV was trying to play on one leg. Wessel who we love was trying to play the 3 and had his worst defensive game ever as a Shocker IMO. Markis McDuffie was a freshman and top 100 player, but mysteriously didn't play in that game but a walk on player did. Both Tulsa and WSU Danced that Season. And don't even ask me about the 0-3 Tourney in Orlando shortly after when FVV still could not play and sit by Shaq who was deep in 3Gs dog house and did not Get to play.

After saying all of that let's be real. Put former head coach Gregg Marshall's name up in the rafters where it belongs. What are we waiting for? BOOM !
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                    Yes, I remember that Tulsa loss when FVV was trying to play on one leg. Wessel who we love was trying to play the 3 and had his worst defensive game ever as a Shocker IMO. Markis McDuffie was a freshman and top 100 player, but mysteriously didn't play in that game but a walk on player did. Both Tulsa and WSU Danced that Season. And don't even ask me about the 0-3 Tourney in Orlando shortly after when FVV still could not play and sit by Shaq who was deep in 3Gs dog house and did not Get to play.

After saying all of that let's be real. Put former head coach Gregg Marshall's name up in the rafters where it belongs. What are we waiting for? BOOM !
                    All "yes" to the above... the Mrs. and I attended the Orlando Thanksgiving tournament several moons ago. What a helpless feeling it was watching those three games with the 'heart and soul' of our team on the shelf. I remember an Iowa fan sitting near us that was extremely rude and condescending to our fans; in my younger years, I would have met him outside the complex and beat his ###.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Gonna hope that's not the only thing he knows and is relying on. His ability to land a FVV (an NBA All-Star level PG) is probably not there. Hopefully he can at least get an AAC All-conference level PG and then adjust his system to make it work.
                      I agree, that's why I said a quality pg. If we land a FVV we're dancing. Not sure we'll ever land another FVV no matter who the coach is.
                      I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

I remember that game being the one where I could see Landry Shamet sas an NBA player. He fouled out on some questionable calls but you could see the ability was there.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I remember that game being the one where I could see Landry Shamet sas an NBA player. He fouled out on some questionable calls but you could see the ability was there.
                          And there you have it. FVV came back to a team that had 2 other NBA players on it. Not the case with this group. It will take more than a point guard.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

All "yes" to the above... the Mrs. and I attended the Orlando Thanksgiving tournament several moons ago. What a helpless feeling it was watching those three games with the 'heart and soul' of our team on the shelf. I remember an Iowa fan sitting near us that was extremely rude and condescending to our fans; in my younger years, I would have met him outside the complex and beat his ###.
                            Career games of Iowa vs WSU 5-5. We lost a great Coach in Ralph Miller to Iowa and I think he took a couple recruits that we would had with him. Was it silly in house politics here that caused us to lose this great coach who was awesome everywhere he coached?
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

Career games of Iowa vs WSU 5-5. We lost a great Coach in Ralph Miller to Iowa and I think he took a couple recruits that we would had with him. Was it silly in house politics here that caused us to lose this great coach who was awesome everywhere he coached?
                              Or it could have been the students 'egging' his home...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

That's just so damn painful that I know it's probably going to happen.

I mean, I have no idea where any of these players would go, so they'd happily stay. These players in the portal would be like when my parents divorced and had a custody battle over me. My dad won so I had to go live with my mom.
                                Bro, that is hilarious if you’re kidding.

I’m really sorry if you’re not.
                                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X