Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Bro, that is hilarious if you’re kidding.

I’m really sorry if you’re not.
    That's not even the half of it. Wait till I tell you about my momma. We was so poor that we'd open the windows and the birds would throw bread in. A guy broke into our house once looking for money. We got up to help him.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

That's not even the half of it. Wait till I tell you about my momma. We was so poor that we'd open the windows and the birds would throw bread in. A guy broke into our house once looking for money. We got up to help him.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

Career games of Iowa vs WSU 5-5. We lost a great Coach in Ralph Miller to Iowa and I think he took a couple recruits that we would had with him. Was it silly in house politics here that caused us to lose this great coach who was awesome everywhere he coached?
        Ralph Miller may have been a great coach but his teams were middling performers for the most part.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          Those who are thinking that this season is as bad as WSU has ever been seem to be forgetting that Craig Steven started games at PG in all four years he was enrolled here - as a walk on.
          Craig had limitations but I remember him being a steady hand.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Craig had limitations but I remember him being a steady hand.
            Didn’t Craig Steven and Jamie Sowers have a ‘bungle in the jungle’ moment?
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I remember (or think I remember) Steven throwing an inbounds lob to Sowers from half court.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Yep. Got into a fight in the tunnel after a loss to Creighton in 2002. Out in the open in front of reporters and everyone. That was before I arrived at 21st and Hillside, but I heard about it.

Sounds like JS was a real piece of work.

78-65

Comment

• While Craig was never a decent PG, he never asked or expected to be a starter. He played because he loved the Shox. .

I respect Craig for his response to a depleted roster and his efforts to do what he could. Winning games with Craig as the PG was unlikely, but that's on the staff, not Craig. Craig did what he could with what he had.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    While Craig was never a decent PG, he never asked or expected to be a starter. He played because he loved the Shox. .

I respect Craig for his response to a depleted roster and his efforts to do what he could. Winning games with Craig as the PG was unlikely, but that's on the staff, not Craig. Craig did what he could with what he had.
                    Hell, I'd even go so far as to say I did not mind him with Bruce Haertl on the television broadcast.

That duo (and a little help from Tekele) brought us this moment:

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Just a wild guess, but.......... I would bet 5% of fans think Mills is doing a good job. Maybe 20% think he's doing a bad job and that's just who he is, and 75% think he's doing a bad job but maybe he'll get better eventually.

Comment

• Think or hope he gets better? I haven't seen enough from this team or his past to think he'll get better, but I sure as do hope he does.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Hell, I'd even go so far as to say I did not mind him with Bruce Haertl on the television broadcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pnB...thehoneybadass
                          As I know exactly what lies beyond this hyperlink I have placed a personal moratorium on anything that reminds me of what we once were. Even just a few years ago. It's too painful.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            Think or hope he gets better? I haven't seen enough from this team or his past to think he'll get better, but I sure as do hope he does.
                            I'm of the mind that 60% of our issues are not having a real PG. That's really on Mills, but giving him the benefit of doubt. The other 40% of our problems is questionable recruiting. Only time will tell if that can be fixed. Let's see what he does in the offseason, we really need a strong JUCO or experienced transfer PG signing to help bring along Pipkin. The other important thing to watch is whether he has the gonads to release some dead weight by recruiting over some of these guys.

Comment

• Agree, Dan. Of course A/TO's is our biggest problem and a solid PG would cure much of that. Another glaring weakness not alluded to is another wing that is a perimeter threat so teams can't sag into the paint and double XB drives and/or KP post ups. After that we will need a stretch four and possibly another center. PM hasn't impressed me yet in any way but I am more than willing to see how the recruiting goes.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pnB...thehoneybadass
                                I was fortunate to witness this in person. Best dunk I have ever seen live.

Comment

Working...
                                X