Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Is .500 next year DRASTIC? Because based on history of success at WSU in the past 25 years, Mills is birdie.
    You didn't ask me, however, I'll give my opinion anyway.

The landscape of collegiate sports has totally changed. What's happened over the last 25 years at WSU was under a totally different climate. Building a program from the bottom up over a few years may be much harder and, at a minimum, different than we've seen in the past. Coaches possibly need to be successful quicker and need to not only keep the players needed to build on but recruit some immediate impact players along to go with freshmen that may need to be good enough for quality minutes themselves.

Coaches may need to reload each year, whether they are good or not so good the previous year. Also, NIL is also a factor, and the coach may have little control over that. To help that, he's got to be someone that potential big donors believe in to be willing to help in that area.

Comment

• Here’s what I want to see next year:
      top 5-6 conference finish
      growth in play from underclassmen
      at least 1 or 2 breakout players to emerge

Comment

• My bar is higher if we can keep our two centers, Rogers, HB, XB and add at least two quality players from the portal one being an above average PG the other another a sniper to balance the floor.

Comment

• Bring back everybody we have, add the two freshman, hope for 500.

Comment

• But I want to see next year

PG high-level portal or Juco guy who can stroke the three
            SG Rogers
            3 - Beverly
            4 - second priority in the portal
            5 - Ballard

then the freshman can start contributing

I don't really care if anybody else comes back

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
              But I want to see next year

PG high-level portal or Juco guy who can stroke the three
              SG Rogers
              3 - Beverly
              4 - second priority in the portal
              5 - Ballard

then the freshman can start contributing

I don't really care if anybody else comes back
              I like how Cortes moves the ball, if he can cut down on turnovers, keep him for a backup 1.

Xavier Bell as the backup 2/3. Recruit over Beverly, but keep him as an option off the bench.

I don't care about positions, but we need shooters for the 2-4. I would be fine keeping DeGray at the 4. He's not a shooter, but he helps in other ways.

Comment

• This thread...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  This thread...
                  Every time you post in this thread, this is what I see:

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

Every time you post in this thread, this is what I see:

That's funny, because here is what I see with you and all the other IB lovers:

Comment

• I have never said or indicated that I felt all is well. What I have said is that we should be patient and basically that results from this season mean zero given the state of the program when HCPM took over. No panic. No unrealistic optimism. That's it. I am sorry you can't figure that out.

Comment

That's funny, because here is what I see with you and all the other IB lovers:

You really think everyone who does not believe Paul Mills is doing well is an "IB lover?"

You have to take everyone who doesn't agree with you and put them in one of only a few buckets because your brain cant handle the nuance of multitudes?

IB needed to go. Paul Mills is not doing well. The two are not mutually exclusive.
                        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• I guess I missed all the people turning cartwheels when WSU snagged Paul Mills. "WE GOT MILLS !!! HOOORAY !!"

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

You really think everyone who does not believe Paul Mills is doing well is an "IB lover?"

You have to take everyone who doesn't agree with you and put them in one of only a few buckets because your brain cant handle the nuance of multitudes?

IB needed to go. Paul Mills is not doing well. The two are not mutually exclusive.
                            Pot...kettle...black...see post #1178 above for reference.

Comment

Pot...kettle...black...see post #1178 above for reference.
                              ?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                ORU just offered Garden City CC’s PG who may be the best in the country.
                                Their NIL is probably a tax deductible religious donation! LOL
                                Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Working...
                                X