No announcement yet.

Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally off the subject, but I just looked up Shaquille Morris online and Wikipedia says his position at Wichita State was offensive tackle .
    "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
      Totally off the subject, but I just looked up Shaquille Morris online and Wikipedia says his position at Wichita State was offensive tackle .
      Well, his offensive tackle of a fellow teammate is what led to the drama
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
        Totally off the subject, but I just looked up Shaquille Morris online and Wikipedia says his position at Wichita State was offensive tackle .
        Now THAT's random.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Didn't say one single thing that made me think we have a good coach tonight. Mostly just the opposite. We got one guy who can shoot it well who won the game for us but that's about it.

Comment

• My prediction for the off season. The coaches get together and decide they can see potential in each of our players. They offer all to stay and they ALL accept. We spend all summer with one scholarship looking for a point guard. Finally on August first an offer is accepted by a point guard who hasn't played for 2 years due to Injury but he was really good before he was injured. The coaches believe that freshman need a year of watching from the bench so they don't get to play. We repeat this year all over again and hope we can get some better players when lots of scholarships open in HCPM's third year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wichita Willy View Post
              My prediction for the off season. The coaches get together and decide they can see potential in each of our players. They offer all to stay and they ALL accept. We spend all summer with one scholarship looking for a point guard. Finally on August first an offer is accepted by a point guard who hasn't played for 2 years due to Injury but he was really good before he was injured. The coaches believe that freshman need a year of watching from the bench so they don't get to play. We repeat this year all over again and hope we can get some better players when lots of scholarships open in HCPM's third year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wichita Willy View Post
                My prediction for the off season. The coaches get together and decide they can see potential in each of our players. They offer all to stay and they ALL accept. We spend all summer with one scholarship looking for a point guard. Finally on August first an offer is accepted by a point guard who hasn't played for 2 years due to Injury but he was really good before he was injured. The coaches believe that freshman need a year of watching from the bench so they don't get to play. We repeat this year all over again and hope we can get some better players when lots of scholarships open in HCPM's third year.
                That's just so damn painful that I know it's probably going to happen.

I mean, I have no idea where any of these players would go, so they'd happily stay. These players in the portal would be like when my parents divorced and had a custody battle over me. My dad won so I had to go live with my mom.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Mills now has more wins as a first year coach than Marshall had here.
                  "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                  Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
                    Mills now has more wins as a first year coach than Marshall had here.
                    Let hang a banner!!!!

Comment

Mills now has more wins as a first year coach than Marshall had here.
                      One was fun to watch and you could see growth throughout the season.

The other is coached by Mills.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• just thought i'd point out the numbers
                        "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                        Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

just thought i'd point out the numbers
                          Better record than MT and GM, in a better conference with terrible players that don’t listen. A feat of coaching. It will all go down the tubes if he doesn’t send them packing.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Better record than MT and GM, in a better conference with terrible players that don’t listen. A feat of coaching. It will all go down the tubes if he doesn’t send them packing.
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• To be fair, let's not completely gloss over Gregg's first year and say definitively that we could see growth with that team. There were some definite turd performances that were absolutely inexcusable.

Let's look at February 19, 2008. Shocks played at Indiana State and jumped out to a 48-27 lead with 13:43 to go. The Trees proceeded to go on a 21-0 run over the next five minutes to tie the game. The Shocks steadied the waters and regained control, leading 62-52 with 2:32 to go and 63-54 with 1:22 to go. The game was tied at 67-67 at the end of regulation, and Indiana State would win by 10 in OT. If I found that game thread, I am pretty sure that people were complaining just as much as they did last night, only worse since it turned out to be a loss.

(There's a story about what happened after that game in locker room area.)

This season still sucks and is going nowhere. Let's just see what happens this offseason.
                              78-65

Comment

• I think that the biggest difference between Gregg and Paul is that everyone could see during games how much Ggg cared (that doesn't mean that PM cares less, just that it isn't as easily seen). Gregg's best players often liked him because they wanted to win as bad as he did.

I'm not sure that Gregg's personality would work as much with the present day Portal movement compared to then. Maybe, to an extent (short term), but it wouldn't work the same way.

Comment

Working...
                                X