Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    What’s between warm and scald your balls hot?

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Nm
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Bengay
        Am not
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• If next season ends up being a similar or larger (if possible) dumpster fire is it even in the realm of possible that any of the deep pocket donors save the day with a cash infusion for buyouts?

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
            If next season ends up being a similar or larger (if possible) dumpster fire is it even in the realm of possible that any of the deep pocket donors save the day with a cash infusion for buyouts?
            Do we have any deep pocket donors left that care about the program?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Do we have any deep pocket donors left that care about the program?
              That's why I was tentatively asking haha

Comment

If next season ends up being a similar or larger (if possible) dumpster fire is it even in the realm of possible that any of the deep pocket donors save the day with a cash infusion for buyouts?
                Not unless Saal has a full proof plan that said deep pocket donors believe in. He'd pretty much have to have a coach lined up and ready to go and for the donors to be on board.

I don't doubt that there are some deep pockets that still care, but you don't get and keep that kind of money just throwing it at stupid **** all of the time.

Or after all they've seen, they may simply not trust Saal to make the decision on who to hire next.

I was high on Saal when he was hired. The way he spoke about the future gave me some Jim Schaus vibes. But his hires and his approach to everything publicly since has left a lot to be desired. Jim Schaus he is not.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Taylor just published a new story about Quincy Acy. I thought this quote was pretty telling about this team.

“Kevin Garnett has talked about it before, once he realized this guy I’m working out with doesn’t want it as bad as I do, it’s hard for me to understand,” Acy said. “But you’ve got to check your ego. My time is over. How can I figure out a way to reach these guys? It’s in each and every one of them. We can beat a good team like SMU, there’s no reason we should be losing to bottom teams like Temple. It’s in us, we’ve just got to find a way to pry it out of these guys.”

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                    Taylor just published a new story about Quincy Acy. I thought this quote was pretty telling about this team.
                    Need Quincy on the recruiting trail looking for some dawgs this spring. Hopefully he is retained on staff.

Comment

Need Quincy on the recruiting trail looking for some dawgs this spring. Hopefully he is retained on staff.
                      He seems to be pretty close to PM. Unless there is some behind-the-scenes issue or he gets offered a better gig, I can't imagine he goes anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

He seems to be pretty close to PM. Unless there is some behind-the-scenes issue or he gets offered a better gig, I can't imagine he goes anywhere.
                        It seems like the only "mercenary" assistant is TJ Cleveland since Kenton Paulino is also tight with HCPM.

Comment

It seems like the only "mercenary" assistant is TJ Cleveland since Kenton Paulino is also tight with HCPM.
                          I don't know which one . but it feels like at least one of the assistants need to be replaced. This year was so bad, that you can't keep status quo. Would like to have a defensive minded assistant brought in since historically Mills doesn't focus on defense (or at least hasn't ever had a good defensive team)

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I don't know which one . but it feels like at least one of the assistants need to be replaced. This year was so bad, that you can't keep status quo. Would like to have a defensive minded assistant brought in since historically Mills doesn't focus on defense (or at least hasn't ever had a good defensive team)
                            Whoever the coach is that's in charge of teaching the players how to properly square up, cover the gonads with 2 hands and take a charge, should be the first to go, but that probably won't happen...

Comment

• What are the odds we get PJ Haggerty to transfer to us

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
                                What are the odds we get PJ Haggerty to transfer to us
                                I'm sure he already has a stack of NIL offers sitting on his counter with bigger numbers than we can afford.

Comment

Working...
                                X