Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
    Did you miss my comparison? Our RPI is slightly higher than Lunardi's Last 4 in, but our SOS and "bad losses" column are worse than most of those teams. We should still be in now, but teams like Tennessee and Villanova could jump us with a loss to a team like MSU/SIU.

Combine that with non-stellar play in our last 10 games (5-5, averaging 68.5 points for, 65 points against, and letting opponent's outshoot us 44% to 43%), and a possible 3-game losing streak heading into the tournament, and we still have the chance to play our way out of the tournament. I think it would require a loss on Friday, but it is still a possibility.
    No, I didn't miss it. It was just your garbage as usual. Our resume was superior to any one of those Last 4 Out resumes. You'd be a fool to not see that.

48 hours ago you said we had to get to Sunday just to sweat it. Now, all of a sudden you've backed off to we just need to win on Friday. Backtracking a bit, eh? That's one of the reasons you shouldn't post for 48 hours after a loss.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      IF one of the ISU's wins the tournament, does anybody think they'll take 3? I don't.
      If we win on Friday, it'll be irrelevant what anybody else in this conference tournament does. We'll be close to the edge with a loss on Friday, but assuming we win, it's irrelevant.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
        My personal opinion, I think we are in. We have a signature win against Creighton. We also have a bad loss to Southern Illinois. Our SOS wasn't great, but it wasn't pitiful either. I think even if we lose Friday (which could happen as inconsistent as this team is) we will still be in. I'm not ruling out the possibility of us being in one of the play-in games however.
        AT VCU is a much more quality win than the win over Creighton. You haven't been paying attention too well this year. How come it's taken you so long to come on back? Not much of a regular season fan?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          No, I didn't miss it. It was just your garbage as usual. Our resume was superior to any one of those Last 4 Out resumes. You'd be a fool to not see that.

48 hours ago you said we had to get to Sunday just to sweat it. Now, all of a sudden you've backed off to we just need to win on Friday. Backtracking a bit, eh? That's one of the reasons you shouldn't post for 48 hours after a loss.
          Or maybe, all the teams we were competing with happened to lose, lowering the bar? Oh wait, that might upset your spiel. Besides which, the question is not "what is our resume" but "what resume do we need."

Right now, our resume sits at above the mark. If we lose versus SIU or Missouri State, we have roughly equivalent RPIs to Tennessee, Villanova, UMass and La Salle (in the 45-55 range), with a worse SOS and more bad losses. That isn't a superior resume. At best, it is a wash.

Also, I never said we had to get to Sunday. I NEVER said that. I said we have to get a win, and probably need to get two to get to where we need to be (a 10 seed or better, but I didn't explicitly say that). That first part has not changed. If you want to correct me, at least be right.

Comment

• This still all comes down to what the committee thinks. I don't see how our RPI puts us at a lock right now. And a loss on Friday would be bad. Hopefully this is the year we get the auto and all of this is irrelevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
              My choices for the top-seed we are going to face (if we win our first game) would go:

1. KU
              2. Miami
              3. Duke
              4. Georgetown/Louisville
              5. Gonzaga
              6. Florida
              7. Indiana
              8. Michigan

And I don't even want to even have a chance of facing Syracuse (the worst possible matchup for our team, bar none). My cut off line is probably Gonzaga. I think we have a fighter's chance against the first four I listed, but the other four create bad matchups and would probably give us a bad chance of winning. Miami is still the same team that lost to Indiana State, and I think they are very beatable

I would rather face the last four teams than the first four teams.

Trey Burke would get his but we match up well with every other position that Michigan puts on the floor. Hardaway Jr. is somewhat over rated in my mind.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• CBS Sports features live scoring, news, stats, and player info for NFL football, MLB baseball, NBA basketball, NHL hockey, college basketball and football.

Kraytun needs to win to get in????????????

Comment

• This

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  If we win on Friday, it'll be irrelevant what anybody else in this conference tournament does. We'll be close to the edge with a loss on Friday, but assuming we win, it's irrelevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    http://www.cbssports.com/

Kraytun needs to win to get in????????????
                    That headline is stupid.

Comment

• Lunardi's latest out. Creighton a 9 seed playing Missouri and WSU a 10 seed playing Colorado St. No mention of any other Valley team.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                        Lunardi's latest out. Creighton a 9 seed playing Missouri and WSU a 10 seed playing Colorado St. No mention of any other Valley team.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology
                        Biggest problem with this bracket is he only has 3 play-in games.

Comment

• There's really not another MVC team that should be mentioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                            This
                            HE'S BACK!!!
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              HE'S BACK!!!
                              And with a below the radar one word re-entry response to the Fev of all people. Welcome back!!!

Comment

• Shockerfever, I agree at VCU was a quality win. And not that its any of your business, since you don't like me and I don't like you, but if you must know, I have been away for a while know because of several issues. Back problems, a broken shoulder, bad knees, bad feet, and oh yea, the big one... a battle with depression that caused me to almost take my own life. So there you have it. I'm a basketball fan through and through, and I follow more than just the Shockers. I followed the regular season and I saw all the inconsistencies that this Shocker team has, and I saw all the parity in college basketball this season. I just made a decision not to post on these boards because of all the negativity that came with them every time I made a post.. most of that negativity coming from one person.. not naming names, but its not too hard to figure out. So how about this.. don't respond to any of my posts anymore and we'll get along just fine. Whether you like my opinion or not, I have a right to it, and that is that. Good day now sir. I will not let a person like you ruin my newfound happiness and good mood

Comment

Working...
                                X