No announcement yet.

Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys like that will shut up when WSU wins a few tourney games one of these years.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Memphis is currently living off of their past. They're not near the team they used to be and I don't think that's set in with their fans yet.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
        Took a look at http://bracketproject.50webs.com/matrix.htm during lunch break today. We are listed in all 60 brackets with an average of 5.25. We are currently listed as the 3rd best #5 seed.

Seed
        4 - # of 15 (25.0%)
        5 - # of 26 (43.3%)
        6 - # of 12 (20.0%)
        7 - # of 3 (5.0%)
        8 - # of 4 (6.7%)
        Great. Another 5 seed where they can match us up against an awesome mid-major program that has no business being a 12 seed.

We'd better get up to a 3 seed or drop to a 6 or 7 if we want a legit shot here.

Comment

• [QUOTE=XManCometh;365573]Great. Another 5 seed where they can match us up against an awesome mid-major program that has no business being a 12 seed.

We'd better get up to a 3 seed or drop to a 6 or 7 if we want a legit shot here.[/QUOTE

I agree give me a 3 or 6. Unless KU is the 1 and we are the 4-5 in same bracket.

I

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            Memphis is currently living off of their past. They're not near the team they used to be and I don't think that's set in with their fans yet.
            I'm still trying to figure out the infatuation that the media has with Josh Pastner. He has been able to recruit some really good players but IMHO, has under achieved at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
              Great. Another 5 seed where they can match us up against an awesome mid-major program that has no business being a 12 seed.

We'd better get up to a 3 seed or drop to a 6 or 7 if we want a legit shot here.
              [QUOTE=fansince80s;365578]
              Originally posted by XManCometh View Post

We'd better get up to a 3 seed or drop to a 6 or 7 if we want a legit shot here.[/QUOTE

I agree give me a 3 or 6. Unless KU is the 1 and we are the 4-5 in same bracket.

I
              I don't understand this fear. We can beat any team in the country. Get the best seed possible. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 I don't care. Stop being afraid to play teams. Any team that we face in the dance will be capable of winning. So get over it and win. That's all there is to it. Hoping we lose a few more games so we can get a lower seed is ridiculous.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                I don't understand this fear. We can beat any team in the country. Get the best seed possible. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 I don't care. Stop being afraid to play teams. Any team that we face in the dance will be capable of winning. So get over it and win. That's all there is to it. Hoping we lose a few more games so we can get a lower seed is ridiculous.
                It was more of a shot at the NCAA selection committee than being scared of playing someone. I could have worded it a little better.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                  An 8? WTH?
                  Do the AP pollsters from South Carolina have a bracket they put out as well?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    Do the AP pollsters from South Carolina have a bracket they put out as well?
                    First 4 out in that one. On the cusp!
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                      Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
                      That would be an interesting setup, possible match up with turg if he could get out of the play in round
                      Also a potential Cretin vs Oregon match-up in the second round. Lunardi must want games with a back story.
                      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Still a #5 in Lunardi's latest, although now we're getting sent to San Jose instead of KC. Creighton drops to a #6. Indiana State in as a #12.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind the new bracketology, though of course there are teams in the bracket I would rather avoid.

First game would be against Villanova or Illinois. Perfect. I like that matchup, and the fact that we wouldn't be knocking another mid-major out of the tournament with a win. Good matchups versus either team and neither looks hot right now.

Then you have Oregon or Stephen F. Austin. Again, good matchups, and teams that I feel we could beat 60-70% of the time. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 13-4 upset in this round. Oregon has won some games, but I think they are going to be overrated as a team.

Next round is the classic 1 vs 4/5. A game we will be a solid underdog barring Michigan getting upset. They seem like a team that will lose too many games to be a #1 overall (the B1G is hard this year), but I still think they'd be that type of team. Lot of talent on that team. Maybe they lose to ND if ND shoots the 3 well.

Then you'd have a nightmare matchup versus either Syracuse (worst possible matchup for our team), VCU (rematch time), or maybe Miami (possible ACC winners). But we'd be in the Elite 8, so no worries. I'd rather face Miami than Syracuse or VCU; they seem like a beatable team to me.

So I see a fairly easy route to the Sweet 16, with very hard matchups to go farther.

Comment

• CBSSports has us as an 8 seed now. They list 9 seeds and lower as bubble teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                              CBSSports has us as an 8 seed now. They list 9 seeds and lower as bubble teams.
                              This bracket would set up some nice media buzz for the Davidson bracketbuster return game next year after Davidson becomes the first #16 seed to knock off a #1!
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Jerry Hack should not be doing brackets. When I saw that Illinois was still in the field, and a 9 seed at that, it lost all credibility.

Next.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X