Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
    One week from today we will be driving home from St. Louis, exceedling happy, maybe giddy, as a result of WSU's first MVC tournament championship since 1988.
    Wait. Is this a joke?

Anyhow I have you all as a 10 seed taking on NC State in the second round with the facing Louisville/Montana.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
      Wait. Is this a joke?

Anyhow I have you all as a 10 seed taking on NC State in the second round with the facing Louisville/Montana.
      Is your vagina a joke?

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
        According to the latest bracket matrix, WSU is IN the dance in ALL 96 brackets and our average seeding is 9.58 for a 10 seed:

http://bracketproject.50webs.com/matrix.htm
        Maybe this will quiet the doubters around here...no of course it won't. What am I thinking? We can't let facts get in the way of our doomsday delusions.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
          Maybe this will quiet the doubters around here...no of course it won't. What am I thinking? We can't let facts get in the way of our doomsday delusions.
          best guess is most of the brackets are a loss or two old...

Comment

• Originally posted by rialaigh View Post
            The point is that WSU is still IN in ALL 96 Brackets. It doesn't matter, the ones that were done before UE, after Ue but before Cu or after Cu they ALL have WSU IN.

Joe Lunardi who updated his S curve this evening still has WSU in his group of 41 teams that are SAFELY IN.

Personally I think WSU needs to win 2 games in the Lou to feel reasonably safe. Especially if someone other than Cu wins ARCH MADNESS (will the ncaa take 3 Valley teams this year?). Too much bad stuff has happened in the past for me to feel too comfortable right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
              Wait. Is this a joke?
              It certainly wasn't as funny as a team that hasn't been dancing since the Clinton Administration.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It's because casual fans like KC and others don't look at the big picture. They look at it from an itty, bitty, tiny WSU-only perspective and don't take into account what the rest of college basketball is doing and has done. They simply don't compare WSU's resume to others and don't understand the concept of how soft the bubble is this year.

It's an amazing phenomenon to witness. They'll be the last ones coming in for crow too on March 17th.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  It's because casual fans like KC and others don't look at the big picture. They look at it from an itty, bitty, tiny WSU-only perspective and don't take into account what the rest of college basketball is doing and has done. They simply don't compare WSU's resume to others and don't understand the concept of how soft the bubble is this year.

It's an amazing phenomenon to witness. They'll be the last ones coming in for crow too on March 17th.
                  Did you miss my comparison? Our RPI is slightly higher than Lunardi's Last 4 in, but our SOS and "bad losses" column are worse than most of those teams. We should still be in now, but teams like Tennessee and Villanova could jump us with a loss to a team like MSU/SIU.

Combine that with non-stellar play in our last 10 games (5-5, averaging 68.5 points for, 65 points against, and letting opponent's outshoot us 44% to 43%), and a possible 3-game losing streak heading into the tournament, and we still have the chance to play our way out of the tournament. I think it would require a loss on Friday, but it is still a possibility.

Comment

All of the doomsday delusions require us to lose on Friday. If that happens then we might top Creighton as the drunkest fan base in St. Louis.

Comment

• I was doing my part on Saturday for our claim to drunkest fan base.

I will also be ready for the NIT.....if we lose on Friday.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by rialaigh View Post
                        As of this morning a majority of the brackets are AFTER the Cu game and only 13 of them are before the Ue game. As of this morning WSU is IN all but ONE bracket and the Shockers average seed is 9.93.

Comment

• 10 seed in this morning's USA Today projections. I would kill for this pod:

Comment

• I don't know what the obsession with wanting to play Miami is on this forum...They almost beat Duke at Cameron even with Ryan Kelly going off for 36. There's not a single person on this WSU team that could match up with Kenny Kadji. What I want is to be the 11 seed in Jerry Palms bracket.

As much as I hate him, our pod is pretty nice.

CBS Sports is helping you get ready for March Madness with the latest news, picks, and predictions for the 2024 NCAA Basketball Tournament Bracket.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• I like that pod, too. I think we can handle Arizona and I'd bet we'd give wis(key) all they want. Would look like we'd have a shot at the sweet 16 from that pod.

Comment

• Let's face it. We MUST win Friday, NEED to win Saturday, and SURE WOULD LIKE to win Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X