No announcement yet.

2023-2024 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the sycamores will be sweatin and fartin by selection sunday next week. they should be in the ncaa tournament, but..

Comment

• I feel kinda bad for Indiana State. I can't find a single professional bracket that shows 2 valley teams getting in. Most now seem to show 2 from the AAC. Maybe the Shocks still have a chance? Lol. And their board still seems to think they're a lock. I mean, sure, why not? You beat your conference auto qualifier once in a three game matchup. I expect a number of 23+ win teams sitting home with the same disappointment this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
        the sycamores will be sweatin and fartin by selection sunday next week. they should be in the ncaa tournament, but..
        If they miss .. its because of their poor non-con scheduling. 323 Non-Con SOS. They are 1-4 in Q1 games. Got blasted by Alabama, lost to a middling Michigan state. Lost to Drake twice. Your only Q1 win is Bradley ... Q2 is a little better but only Top 50 win all year is home vs Drake. Have a really bad home loss to Illinois State. Average NET win is 185. (For reference ours is 175 lol)

If their NET was like 40 instead of 26 they wouldn't even be on the bubble. They are the prime example that blasting 275+ plus teams is better than playing more non-D1 games for NET purposes. Most of their other metrics are in the 40s

Comment

• We're up to potentially 3 teams now.

Appalachian State 27-6 falls in their semis. No at large bid for you.

3 in one day. Indiana State, Appalachian State and High Point. Combined records of 80 wins and 20 loss and there will be no bids. It has begun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If they miss .. its because of their poor non-con scheduling. 323 Non-Con SOS. They are 1-4 in Q1 games. Got blasted by Alabama, lost to a middling Michigan state. Lost to Drake twice. Your only Q1 win is Bradley ... Q2 is a little better but only Top 50 win all year is home vs Drake. Have a really bad home loss to Illinois State. Average NET win is 185. (For reference ours is 175 lol)

If their NET was like 40 instead of 26 they wouldn't even be on the bubble. They are the prime example that blasting 275+ plus teams is better than playing more non-D1 games for NET purposes. Most of their other metrics are in the 40s
            They won 28 games. They're 43rd in Pomeroy. They're 37th in Rating Percentage Index (reportedly selection committee team sheets still contain RPI; look it up). They're 11th in the Nation in offensive efficiency, 68th in defensive efficiency; in front of Purdue, Creighton, St Johns, Fl Atlantic (142), and Memphis (no surprise there). They play in the 9th rated Conference in the country. It's not like they're a team from the Southern, Big Sky, Patriot, Sun Belt* or MEAC conference's, et. al.

They could win a game, or two, in the tournament.
            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 10, 2024, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

They won 28 games. They're 43rd in Pomeroy. They're 37th in Rating Percentage Index (reportedly selection committee team sheets still contain RPI; look it up). They're 11th in the Nation in offensive efficiency, 68th in defensive efficiency; in front of Purdue, Creighton, St Johns, Fl Atlantic (142), and Memphis (no surprise there). They play in the 9th rated Conference in the country. It's not like they're a team from the Southern, Big Sky, Patriot, Sun Belt* or MEAC conference's, et. al.

They could win a game, or two, in the tournament.
              Both things can be true. While I agree they might win a game in the tourney, they did themselves no favors with their scheduling and losing the only top end games they had. They might not have been able to get a bunch of Q1 games but they definitely could have scheduled better than 8 Q4 or non D1 non con games.

Classic case of a likely NCAA team without the resume to match

Comment

• Anyone see that SEC Women's final?

That was ugly. Someone needs to get a hold of several players on both teams. This isn't the ****ing 'hood. You can't let them run their mouths like that all the time when they are nothing but trouble.

The big gal from SC should miss more than 1 game. That's unacceptable. And both coaches, as good as they are, need some class. A LOT of class. That was an embarrassing display, women or men I don't care.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Anyone see that SEC Women's final?

That was ugly. Someone needs to get a hold of several players on both teams. This isn't the ****ing 'hood. You can't let them run their mouths like that all the time when they are nothing but trouble.

The big gal from SC should miss more than 1 game. That's unacceptable. And both coaches, as good as they are, need some class. A LOT of class. That was an embarrassing display, women or men I don't care.
                  Much ado about nothing. If you want to suspend her, it needs to be 1 game max. There were punches thrown a few weeks back in the Texas A&M CC/Incarnate Word game and max suspension was 3 games.

Comment

Anyone see that SEC Women's final?

No sportsmanship anymore. This happened and the Duke player tripping incident. The small man gestures etc. I’m about done with D1sports. I’ve had season tickets since Marshals 2nd year. I’m done now. Not because of this season losing. I think WSU will be better next season. I like the 2 guards that have signed.

I will just go to the Washburn games. True student athletes. A lot less cost for me .

Comment

• I am getting closer myself. Have not watched an NBA game since they bought into BLM hook, line and sinker. Now, college amateur sports is being destroyed with NIL and portal. I've always loved the NFL but if it wasn't for KC I wouldn't pay them any attention. MLB is just boring. Not even interested in college football anymore. Luckily I have some grandkids to watch in youth sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                        I am getting closer myself. Have not watched an NBA game since they bought into BLM hook, line and sinker. Now, college amateur sports is being destroyed with NIL and portal. I've always loved the NFL but if it wasn't for KC I wouldn't pay them any attention. MLB is just boring. Not even interested in college football anymore. Luckily I have some grandkids to watch in youth sports.
                        MLB is better since the changes to speed the game up.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I disagree
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I don't pay much attention anymore to the MLB, but it would have to help.

The pitch clock has made the college game 1000% better. It's honestly hard to believe how much more enjoyable the game is today.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                              Luckily I have some grandkids to watch in youth sports.

Check out a random English Premier League match some time. They are mostly quicker paced.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

The pitch clock has made the college game 1000% better. It's honestly hard to believe how much more enjoyable the game is today.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X