2023-2024 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    The KU - UK game lived up to its hype. So did DSickinson with 26 points and 21 rebounds.
    Darn, I missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Darn, I missed it.
      World class cheaters championship

Comment

The KU - UK game lived up to its hype. So did DSickinson with 26 points and 21 rebounds.
        Won't surprise me at all if that isn't the title game in a few months. Both teams are that good.

Comment

Taking nothing away from his 27 points and 21 rebounds, but I believe Kentucky was missing 2 or 3 of their bigs. I thought I heard or possibly dreamed they were missing three 7 footers last night. I sure hope Kenny and Quincy bring their A+ games to KC on December 30. "Hide Yo Kids, Hide Yo Wife!"

Yikes Stripes Beechnut Gum!
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

[QUOTE=WstateU;n1411598]

Taking nothing away from his 27 points and 21 rebounds, but I believe Kentucky was missing 2 or 3 of their bigs. I thought I heard or possibly dreamed they were missing three 7 footers last night. I sure hope Kenny and Quincy bring their A+ games to KC on December 30. "Hide Yo Kids, Hide Yo Wife!"

Yup, you're right. Two of their big men were out, and a third (7 ft 2 in) is still ineligible.

Comment

Hopefully the American will at least go 3-1 today:

Charlotte vs Utah Valley - 6pm ESPN+

ECU vs SC Upstate - 6pm ESPN+

USF vs Cent Michigan - 6pm ESPN+

Rice @ #19 Texas - 8pm LHN
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                Hopefully the American will at least go 3-1 today:

Charlotte vs Utah Valley - 6pm ESPN+

ECU vs SC Upstate - 6pm ESPN+

USF vs Cent Michigan - 6pm ESPN+

Rice @ #19 Texas - 8pm LHN
                Rice can't stop a nosebleed on D so I don't expect much from them against Texas.

Curious to see how the other three schools fare - ECU and USF will look to build on solid starts whereas Charlotte will try to get back on track after a relatively uncompetitive game against Liberty.

Comment

Can someone explain to me how on God's green earth Walton is eligible to play but DeGray is not??

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                    Can someone explain to me how on God's green earth Walton is eligible to play but DeGray is not??
                    Scholars say carrying guns and smoking pot while on scholarship will get you there. Wherever there is. Or maybe I'm thinking of something else. IDK...but good question MikeKennedyRulz. It is amazing....
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I don't get it. The only difference I see is that Walton is listed as a Senior and DeGray a Junior. Both have technically transferred twice. Did Walton graduate and is a graduate transfer? Perhaps that's it. Still doesn't seem right.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                        Because we are Wichita State, and either somebody at the NCAA hates us or we have the worst people in charge of getting people cleared to play in the country

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

... or we have the worst people in charge of getting people cleared to play in the country
                          * sigh *

Muma needs to staff up our General Counsel from an athletics standpoint.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

It can only be one of two things . . .

1. NCAA conspiracy against Wichita St.

2. His first transfer was to a juco (Shelton St, from Georgia), which doesn't count as a D1 transfer, making this his first. As I don't believe he was ever a student at Alabama.

Comment

Rough night for the American. Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                                Rough night for the American. Yikes!
                                I would expect Tulsa, Charlotte or UTSA to lose to the likes of SC Upstate and C Michigan. But not USF or ECU. Yuck.

Comment

Working...
                                X