2023-2024 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling View Post
    Lipscomb loses to Drake 85-70. They had the lead at the half and got outscored 44-21 in the 2nd.
    Not sure how you can give up almost 50 in a half to Lipscomb but that's what the Drake did in the first 20 minutes. Devries' kid went bonkers in the 2nd half (Tucker can play at a lot of schools...not just for Dad) and had 36 for the game. The Faulkner kid for Lipscomb (6'9" freshman that was solid against us) didn't play. That's tough to overcome on the road. Lipscomb really played just 7 (2 others very late mop up duty less than 5 minutes total) and completely ran out of gas playing their 2nd road game in 48 hours without their best player and key bench contributor. The Geese were picked to win the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Literally 25% of their roster (4 of 16) are from one high school. Not sure they are even trying anymore. (And that high school is Cedar Falls HS)
      To be fair, two of those appear to be walk-ons, and one of those is Ben’s son.
      78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

To be fair, two of those appear to be walk-ons, and one of those is Ben’s son.
        Thank you, Kwadzo.

Comment

SMU, Tulane, and USF all picked up wins tonight. SMU and Tulane didn't impress much against inferior opponents but USF beat the brakes off of South Carolina State.

Sure, a win over a MEAC team isn't impressive until you realize USF has struggled to beat anybody by a wide margin over the last few years. Amir Abdur-Rahim off to a good start. USF Freshman Jayden Reid also managed to get a double-double in his first ever college game (11pts 10ast 5 reb 5 stl) in only 23 minutes of action.

Comment

Did I see where ORU beat Friends 100 to 47? Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
              Did I see where ORU beat Friends 100 to 47? Yikes.
              Those were the women's teams from the respective schools.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Those were the women's teams from the respective schools.
                Ah, my bad. Dang ESPN app.

Comment

Former WSU assistant and HCC player KT Turner got his first win as HC of UT Arlington over Oral Roberts.

Comment

I saw Coastal Carolina beat Piedmont (Division III school) 88-86 a few night ago
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                      I saw Coastal Carolina beat Piedmont (Division III school) 88-86 a few night ago
                      It sounds like most fans want their coach gone. Pulled from their fan board:

But regardless, the issue with Cliff (well, one of many) is that the roster is NEVER cohesive. He cannot attract a single decent recruit, yet we have these scholarships to give out. We try to hand them out to people who can't even pass through Coastal's academic requirements (Harvard of the South, we are not), then have empty spots, then basically give them to community college guys that probably didn't have offers anywhere else.

I have zero problem in saying we just might be one of the 10 worst teams in all of NCAA D1 basketball. Beyond record, we lack any semblance of a freaking game plan to build a roster, to develop players. What is our identity as a team??

I would love nothing more than to watch Coastal basketball, but I refuse to because we're not just bad, we're a laughingstock. It's beyond a talent issue. It's a systemic complacency and blatant willingness and acceptance to suck. The university is on board with this program sucking. We write checks to people, with a smile, because suck is good bang for the buck.

It's embarrassing and at some point people need to be held accountable for it. If football is sucking up so much cash that we can't afford to invest in other teams, then shut down the damn teams. I rather have no program than this one.

Comment

Tell us how they really feel.....

Comment

It would be helpful if WSU could cruise against Coastal to (hopefully) have fresh legs for the game against Liberty/Furman the next day. That being said, you don't want to overlook any opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Tell us how they really feel.....

Comment

Isaac Brown is on the market and he has a stable of recruiters to bring with him

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                Isaac Brown is on the market and he has a stable of recruiters to bring with him
                                I bet IB could be pretty successful at a lower-level school. He's a solid recruiter and does have some X and O chops, WSU just wasn't the place for him to learn on the job.

Comment

Working...
                                X