2023-2024 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Watched the second half. That was the most one sided announcing and play by play I have ever listened to.
    I almost can't watch KU. My hatred has risen to an unhealthy level. I'm sure our current woes are contributing to my demise.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Trying to figure out what this says about the conference.
      One thing it says is, if you are picked preseason low in the conference, you have a much easier schedule.

Comment

• To be honest, it's hard to explain how both USF and Charlotte are 1 loss teams.

They're good, they're not that good.

Seen Charlotte more than a few times this year. NOT a fan of the Patterson kid. Really good player. Not a fan.

He just fouled out grabbing the leg and tripping the USF player. Correctly changed to an F1. Deservedly. Cheap shot. And he totally whined about it from the minute the ref blew the whistle.

NOT. A. FAN.

Comment

• Crazy that a first year head coach, at a historically awful program with no tradition is sitting at 9-1 and alone in first place in the AAC

Comment

• As Mike O'Donnell noted on the broadcast last night, that was probably the loudest and largest crowd I've seen at USF in years. Charlotte choked the game away late after leading for the first 59 minutes but USF kept punching back and came up big in the clutch.

Aaron Fearne seems like a decent coach, and I think the talent on Charlotte's roster is suspect beyond Milicic, Jackson, Graves, and Patterson, but if I were a fan of the program I'd definitely want the AD to conduct a full coaching search this off-season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              Crazy that a first year head coach, at a historically awful program with no tradition is sitting at 9-1 and alone in first place in the AAC
              I wasn't overly crazy about the Paul Mills hire, but your constant berating is so old. You have beat the "this first year coach at ABC school has blah-blah record and is in first place in the conference" horse to death. Did you like Mark Turgeon? He was 4-14 his first year at WSU and finished nearly last in the MVC. He didn't have a conference winning record until year 3. How did you feel about Gregg Marshall? He was 4-14 his first year and finished nearly last in the MVC. He didn't have a conference winning record until year 3. I am cherry picking here just like you are. Again Stick, I am neutral about Mills. We are so on the outside looking in to the basketball program at WSU. We don't know the details of the dynamics around the period of time we were searching for a coach. I certainly have questions about some of the decisions Mills has made this year. Hell, I had issues with some of the decisions Turgeon and Marshall made as well. Crap, now I think about it, I have issues with my own decisions at times. I know this is a fan board, but you don't even attempt to balance out your disdain for Mills. Maybe once or twice you actually made a neutral comment about him, but man...Did he piss on your Poast Toasties in college, or steal your girl friend in the 5th grade? Maybe you don't care to have a credible reputation on this board. But when you live so far off center on the leader of our basketball program, you can't expect for people to take you seriously. I don't expect you to take my comments to heart. Haters are haters. I just wish you would come at it with some excepted style and grace. Now back to eating my bon bons in my parents basement.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I wasn't overly crazy about the Paul Mills hire, but your constant berating is so old. You have beat the "this first year coach at ABC school has blah-blah record and is in first place in the conference" horse to death. Did you like Mark Turgeon? He was 4-14 his first year at WSU and finished nearly last in the MVC. He didn't have a conference winning record until year 3. How did you feel about Gregg Marshall? He was 4-14 his first year and finished nearly last in the MVC. He didn't have a conference winning record until year 3. I am cherry picking here just like you are. Again Stick, I am neutral about Mills. We are so on the outside looking in to the basketball program at WSU. We don't know the details of the dynamics around the period of time we were searching for a coach. I certainly have questions about some of the decisions Mills has made this year. Hell, I had issues with some of the decisions Turgeon and Marshall made as well. Crap, now I think about it, I have issues with my own decisions at times. I know this is a fan board, but you don't even attempt to balance out your disdain for Mills. Maybe once or twice you actually made a neutral comment about him, but man...Did he piss on your Poast Toasties in college, or steal your girl friend in the 5th grade? Maybe you don't care to have a credible reputation on this board. But when you live so far off center on the leader of our basketball program, you can't expect for people to take you seriously. I don't expect you to take my comments to heart. Haters are haters. I just wish you would come at it with some excepted style and grace. Now back to eating my bon bons in my parents basement.
                Well said.

This is what post 2013 fans are like. No perspective.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Turgeon and Marshall were recruiting in a much different world, where quick turnaround were nearly impossible because you had to build your foundation with HS kids. In the portal era that's not the case and there have been a number of examples, and a couple in our own conference.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    Turgeon and Marshall were recruiting in a much different world, where quick turnaround were nearly impossible because you had to build your foundation with HS kids. In the portal era that's not the case and there have been a number of examples, and a couple in our own conference.
                    I get it Sub and appreciate this take. I don't have the time to research this but I am sure I could come up with examples with reputable coaches in their first year at a new school that have and are struggling. There are too many variables for us fan board experts to even comprehend. I just want to see balanced perspectives from people on this board who post alot. As REF says "That's all."

Comment

I get it Sub and appreciate this take. I don't have the time to research this but I am sure I could come up with examples with reputable coaches in their first year at a new school that have and are struggling. There are too many variables for us fan board experts to even comprehend. I just want to see balanced perspectives from people on this board who post alot. As REF says "That's all."
                      To add, I can't imagine many of those coaches who struggled year one successfully turned things around without overhauling the roster. HCPM's success next season will likely be determined by his roster moves this spring/summer.

Comment

Turgeon and Marshall were recruiting in a much different world, where quick turnaround were nearly impossible because you had to build your foundation with HS kids. In the portal era that's not the case and there have been a number of examples, and a couple in our own conference.
                        Then you gotta throw NIL into that reasoning as well. And NIL is not on the coaching staff.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Your honor, as Exhibit A, may I introduce the Louisville Cardinals. Won 4 games (overall) in year 1 and 7 games (so far) in year 2 of their new coach.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Then you gotta throw NIL into that reasoning as well. And NIL is not on the coaching staff.
                            A number of successful first year coaches also aren't rocking large NIL packages.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Your honor, as Exhibit A, may I introduce the Louisville Cardinals. Won 4 games (overall) in year 1 and 7 games (so far) in year 2 of their new coach.
                              Bad hires can do that
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

A number of successful first year coaches also aren't rocking large NIL packages.
                                Who? You and Stick frequently say this, never say names, or post anything that proves this. USF promotes their collective on every game broadcast I've seen. The same for UNT. Where are you getting information that there are coaches, especially in our conference, who has less or similar NIL?

Comment

Working...
                                X