Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
    I have wondered for a long time if lifting weights during the season has a negative effect on shooting
    When I played I wouldn't lift on a game day but any other day was ok. I don't think it impacted my shooting, but how could you possibly prove it.

Comment

• IMO kids don't show up game-fit at preseason training, and it's very difficult (impossible?) to gain muscle mass when constantly pushing cardio.

So really season lifting should once or twice a week maintenance workouts, and then you should switch it up in the off-season and lift like hell to put on mass and reduce to maintenance cardio.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

When I played I wouldn't lift on a game day but any other day was ok. I don't think it impacted my shooting, but how could you possibly prove it.
        Not sure what Steph Curry does concerning weight training, but it might be worth emulating.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Big lighted bill board at 21st and Webb SE corner had an image of Paul Mills.

Comment

• Mills is going to have to recruit players who want to play for him rather than players looking for the best NIL deals. Armchair told Eldridge they have $500,000 in commitments. Ricky Council went for $250,000. Dexter Dennis went for $200,000 and left his prep school coach, who got him a scholarship offer from WSU when Dennis didn't have any significant offers.

Maybe when the payouts to Marshall and IB are done, there will be more money freed up for NIL
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              Mills is going to have to recruit players who want to play for him rather than players looking for the best NIL deals. Armchair told Eldridge they have $500,000 in commitments. Ricky Council went for $250,000. Dexter Dennis went for $200,000 and left his prep school coach, who got him a scholarship offer from WSU when Dennis didn't have any significant offers.

Maybe when the payouts to Marshall and IB are done, there will be more money freed up for NIL
              I'm not so sure that is how it works. While armchair is going 25k/student athlete, that is basically a stipend, the athletes can go out and increase that on their own directly. Say an owner of an auto sales company wants to use an athlete to do a cameo appearance on an advertisement, and in exchange agrees to pay him $50k and a new car for his personal use. That would mean the athletes nil would be 25k + 50k + carr value. Now I don't know if armchair would help broker that deal. But probably at least make the connections. I also believe that 50k + car would be tax deductible as an advertising expense to the company who hired him or her.

One of the top nil athletes is that cute little LSU gymnast. She makes a lot of hers through social media.

Another was Bion Robinson who basically got a labeling deal for Bijon Dejon mustard, among other deals to account for his multimillion.

I don't think the athletic departments funds can be connected to NIL in any way. That's where the big money boosters have the most impact on NIL. Armchair is a way for us poor folk to buy a slice of pie at the fund raising pie auction.
              Last edited by Atxshoxfan; March 31, 2023, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• Perhaps. The money given to the Athletic Department to pay off our former coaches and AD would then need to be donated to the collective/NIL

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  Mills is going to have to recruit players who want to play for him rather than players looking for the best NIL deals. Armchair told Eldridge they have $500,000 in commitments. Ricky Council went for $250,000. Dexter Dennis went for $200,000 and left his prep school coach, who got him a scholarship offer from WSU when Dennis didn't have any significant offers.

Yea, the 500k sounds like a big number until you realize that's to do NIL for all players in all sports. Also no idea if that's 500k yearly or 500k spread out over a set of years. When our players are getting offers half the sized of our entire "collective", we still have a ways to go to really compete to keep good players

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yea, the 500k sounds like a big number until you realize that's to do NIL for all players in all sports. Also no idea if that's 500k yearly or 500k spread out over a set of years. When our players are getting offers half the sized of our entire "collective", we still have a ways to go to really compete to keep good players
                    My guess, the armchair stategies money is virtually all for men's bball. I think armchair will help other athletes, but we all know who the big dog is.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

My guess, the armchair stategies money is virtually all for men's bball. I think armchair will help other athletes, but we all know who the big dog is.
                      The vast majority yes .. but they have signed other players (multiple softball players and I think I saw a Volleyball player in there)

Comment

• I don't think too many folks understand the NIL or the collectives. The collective are much like a welfare program that will take taxed money from donors and distribute it in some fashion. Armchair has committed 25K per athlete per Year. That may not be a sum total of a players NIL.
                        Now each player has the opportunity to go make money in other ways using his name, image or likeness outside of the collective.
                        Bijan Robinson had at least 6 separate NIL deals and I'm not sure if any were through the collective. Businesses can do tax write offs for expenses for services and advertising. They will do that through contracts outside of the collective. The collective may coordinate, but those individual deals will be between the player and his"employer".
                        Here is just one of Bijans deals, but he had others including one for a Lamborghini.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

They definitely don't give it to all players in all sports.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• With McCasland leaving tot TTU, I wonder where Matt Braeuer ends up?

Would be cool to welcome him home on the staff, but it's unlikely to be a possibility.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                              With McCasland leaving tot TTU, I wonder where Matt Braeuer ends up?

Would be cool to welcome him home on the staff, but it's unlikely to be a possibility.
                              He could possibly stay at UNT since they are promoting from within.
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

They definitely don't give it to all players in all sports.
                                Correct, but it's available to all players in all sports is my statement. Its not 100% reserved for men's basketball (as evidenced by them signing other student athletes)

Comment

Working...
                                X