Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

    Quincy Ballard
    I was talking about transfers during the free transfer and NIL began (last year or two). WSU has had lots of transfers during the past 5-10-15 years, but the transfer game has totally changed the past two year. I would doubt that we gave any NIL money to Quincy, and he isn't "gold".

    I doubt that Goldin or Greenleaf received much NIL money from FAU either, but they are very talented transfers. FAU has only had a Div. 1 basketball team for 30 years. Maybe May will stay and turn them into a power.

    Comment


    • Is today the day that HCPM meets with the team? Group or individually? If so, will be interesting next few days to week as to how roster is updated for next year.

      Comment


      • We’re not gonna outbid P5 schools in the portal. The type of transfers we get are gonna have to be the P5 guys that didn’t play enough (Ballard) or the low level guys wanting to move up (like Pierre).

        Comment


        • What makes you say that?
          The Assman

          Comment


          • Originally posted by kcshocker View Post
            Is today the day that HCPM meets with the team? Group or individually? If so, will be interesting next few days to week as to how roster is updated for next year.
            Yes, today he starts meeting with them individually I believe.

            I imagine we will start hearing stuff (players intentions...etc) within the next few days.

            In addition maybe our name popping up being involved with more portal players and recruits.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
              What makes you say that?
              Most of those kids are looking for not only the most money but P5 competition and the exposure that comes with it. Same reason we don’t get 5 star kids.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Dan View Post

                Most of those kids are looking for not only the most money but P5 competition and the exposure that comes with it. Same reason we don’t get 5 star kids.
                No 5* kids in the F4 this year. That's not a big problem imo.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by kcshocker View Post
                  Is today the day that HCPM meets with the team? Group or individually? If so, will be interesting next few days to week as to how roster is updated for next year.
                  HCPM was on the Shane Dennis show today and said he was meeting individually with players today.

                  He also stated that he knew who his coaching staff would be. He did not offer up any names though. He said those announcements would be made over the next couple of weeks.
                  Go Shocks!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

                    Luck is part of it for EVERY team in the tourney.

                    Many people said we had the easiest 1 seed and easiest path to the Final Four also.

                    No matter what, it takes consistency. FAU has done great and defied odds every step of the way. Lucky or not.
                    No kidding.

                    They had to win 4 in a row first. Luck didn't have anything to do with it.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by WstateU View Post

                      Alterique Lamont Gilbert
                      I remember that guy.

                      Comment


                      • He was also on the Bob and Jeff show but only heard them thanking him for being on the show. They invited him back in the future and HCPM thanked them and promised to get to know the Lutz's better mispronouncing their names but oddly Bob was very gracious and let it slide.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

                          I remember that guy.
                          Yes, you wanted his 25% 3 point shooting to return.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by pogo View Post
                            He was also on the Bob and Jeff show but only heard them thanking him for being on the show. They invited him back in the future and HCPM thanked them and promised to get to know the Lutz's better mispronouncing their names but oddly Bob was very gracious and let it slide.
                            First misstep HCPM has made...
                            The Assman

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

                              First misstep HCPM has made...
                              Or was it hmmmm

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

                                First misstep HCPM has made...
                                I missed this. Did he accidentally call him Boob?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X