Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to initially get excited for a guy that reminds me of Alfred E Neuman

Comment

WSU fans can be won over easily. Just win.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Think about that for a second…. What was Turgeon’s resume vs. Mills when he was hired. Glad the program is in a better spot. Now let’s keep it that way.

Was not my first choice, but I am excited to support coach!!!
        That's sort of my point. Turg's head coaching resume was even weaker. The only thing to really take positive was going from a losing record to winning record at Jax St in the two years he coached there.

I'm ready to give Mills a chance.

Comment

Didn't even think he was an option, I for one love it. His teams play hard, play D, and run a fluid offense.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
            When was the last time WSU fired a guy with sweet 16 experience?
            When was the last time WSU fired a guy who won 30 games in a season?
            Fixed it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
              Baylor's defense was usually pretty good wasn't it? Without looking it up I wonder was ORU's defense similar? Idk. Sweet-16 last year not too shabby for that league. Did he recruit some "dudes" to Baylor? More importantly can he recruit some "dudes" to Wichita? Idk.

Off the bat...decent hire. Time will tell of course. Go Shocks!!!!
              According to KenPom, ORU's adjO was 29th, adjD 116.

By comparison, WSU's adjO was 144, adjD 81.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                well, jim schaus hired the #1 up-and-coming coach prospect in 2007. an ambitious move. i'm not sure where paul mills ranked on the "coaches to watch" lists. was it top-10? i'll have to look it up.
                He was in the mix for the Texas Tech job.

I don't remember anybody calling MT #1 up-and-coming coach prospect, I heard him called a KU scumbag.

Comment

If anything he can recite movie lines from "Hoosiers" on the drop of a dime... Please lord make this work.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                    Didn't even think he was an option, I for one love it. His teams play hard, play D, and run a fluid offense.
                    I’m with you. At first I wasn’t overly excited, but the more research I do, the more I like the choice. I believe ADKS found a rising star and he checks the majority of the boxes we were looking for in a coach. During his ORU introduction, he mentioned his father was a preacher and he quoted scripture… nothing wrong with having a man of faith lead our young men. It seems to be working pretty well in the little Apple.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

If he brings back KP and JW and everyone else wants to stay he doesn't have many empty scholarships. Hopefully he has a point guard in mind and maybe a big. If our current players came because it is WSU that's good. If they came because IB was a nice guy, they will have some decisions to make.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

According to KenPom, ORU's adjO was 29th, adjD 116.

By comparison, WSU's adjO was 144, adjD 81.
                        I think a little more emphasis on offense will have an appeal to fans and recruits. Council might still be here if IB had focused on scoring more than the other team instead of focusing on the other team scoring less then the Shox. .
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

We are all homers, we will all come around to support Paul Mills, because we all are shocker fans.. We have too, because we have no choice... Great day to be shocker?!?!?

Comment

Comment

Put me in the camp of moving from underwhelmed to whelmed as I learn more. I hope I eventually become overwhelmed. Also put me in the camp, recalled by Shockercat/Royalshock, who was initially completely disappointed with the Turgeon hire. Lots of us were because of the KU connection. I remember being happy with the GM hire because we had seen him coach his ___ off when we played in the game after him at the 2006 tournament in Greenville. I do remember there were concerns that he couldn't win in the tournament. The villain article certainly helped me see Mills as more GM than IB. I wanted a coach with fire and passion and who will settle for nothing less from his players. I hope Mills is that guy.
                              Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

This seems positive, he improved Conference record each season.

5-9, 7-9, 9-7, 10-5, 12-6, 18-0

Slow but continuous improvement.

Comment

Working...
                                X