Hopefully he updates it more than our last coach lol
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
      Wikipedia and WSU Coach Paul Mills.jpg

That didn't take long.

Paul Mills (basketball) - Wikipedia

Early life
      'Mills, the son of a pastor in the Houston-area community of Aldine, Texas, grew up in a parsonage attached to the church where his father preached. In a story by Pete Thamel of Yahoo Sports during the 2021 NCAA tournament, Mills recalled that his family was one of the few white families in his neighborhood. Although he never grew beyond 5 feet 8 inches (1.73 m), he made the basketball team at Houston's MacArthur High School. In the same Yahoo story, his high school coach Walt Kaser recalled that Mills was the last white player he coached. Kaser also told Thamel that he immediately recognized that Mills would become a coach.[2]

While Mills earned a partial scholarship to NAIA school Southern Wesleyan University, he told Thamel that he could remember suiting up for only one game, in 1990–91. That fall, he dove for a loose ball in practice and suffered a broken vertebra in his lower back when it hit a concrete step. Recalling the accident, Mills told Thamel, "I knew it right away, I couldn’t walk. When the doctor told me I wouldn’t be able to play again, I was in full-fledged tears." To this day, he never sits during a basketball game because of lingering pain from the injury. He would transfer to Texas A&M University to be closer to home.[2]...'
      That was me and somebody else. I noticed the info box was already being changed, but I beat them to the paragraph.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I find it kind of odd that Mills has already addressed the team. ORU's AD has confirmed it, but we don't have even a peep out of WSU.

Don't think they need a signed contract to make an announcement. Just say they've agreed in principle and put it out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I think he is a very good coach and recruiter, but didn’t think he was a great fit here because the fans expect someone who can win 25 games tomorrow and he probably won’t be that guy. However with the portal and the NIL who knows?
          Jans as most on here, was who I hoped for, and first choice. However, as I said in an earlier thread. It appeared Jans wasn’t going to happen and the new HC would likely have to earn the fan bases approval during his first presser, and future Taylor Eldridge interviews. We will be watching every word.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            I find it kind of odd that Mills has already addressed the team. ORU's AD has confirmed it, but we don't have even a peep out of WSU.

Don't think they need a signed contract to make an announcement. Just say they've agreed in principle and put it out there.
            AD KS may still be negotiating details of his contract, and waiting. It was just announced on KSN News. However no details.

Comment

• You all don’t know me, but trust me if you wish. In the Tulsa area, he is widely respected and can coach exceptionally well. You all will be impressed in time. He’s a leader. The school, community, alumni, supporters and players will soon like him a lot. He will win at WSU, no doubt.

Comment

• I’m warming up slightly on his odds for success. I mean, he got ORU to the S16. That’s not nothing.

The hothead reputation isn’t ideal. I mean, we’re still paying the last hothead HC. What happens if this guy goes and has an outburst?

But at the end of the day, sounds like he’ll be the coach. I’ll be cheering him and the team on. Hoping next year to be on a steady diet of crow. Go Shox!

Comment

• Kareem Thompson is an ORU player who might be interesting. 6'5" guard who appears to have a trfr available and a Covid year. 50% FG and 39% 3FG. 2:1 A/TO and 1.3 steals in 29 minutes.

View the profile of Oral Roberts Golden Eagles Guard Kareem Thompson on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Got complaints about the other one. Figured I’d see how many that couldn’t stomach creepy Jeff could stomach the glass ceiling.
                    I preferred the Lutz avatar. Literally cracked up every time I saw one of your posts. This one makes me want to poop.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• If Tulsa fan hates him I may start going to the game in Tulsa again when the Shocks play them just to enjoy a little poetic justice. Go Shocks

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I preferred the Lutz avatar. Literally cracked up every time I saw one of your posts. This one makes me want to poop.
                        How is Hillary tied to your bowel movements

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
                          I’m warming up slightly on his odds for success. I mean, he got ORU to the S16. That’s not nothing.

The hothead reputation isn’t ideal. I mean, we’re still paying the last hothead HC. What happens if this guy goes and has an outburst?

But at the end of the day, sounds like he’ll be the coach. I’ll be cheering him and the team on. Hoping next year to be on a steady diet of crow. Go Shox!
                          He’s a preachers son who coached at Oral Roberts.

He may have an edge but it’s not going to the places you’re describing.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

How is Hillary tied to your bowel movements
                            Other than the fact that she’s a piece of ****?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Underwhelmed tremendously. All these Turgeon comparisons are laughable because the program was in a completely different position than it is now. We built up a lot of respect and I feel we should’ve gotten more from where we’re at. If money was the driving force here to hire cheap, then I too don’t understand why IB was let go. I hope I’m wrong and this turns out great. Because if it’s another flop, then it’ll be close to a decade removed from being nationally relevant. And then imagine how difficult the subsequent hire would be.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• We hired a proven program builder from a small school who has shown he can advance in the dance.

He has a chip on his shoulder, throws tirades, brings fire to every game, has an ultra-competitive personality, is hated by opposing teams' fans, and is viewed as a bit of a *****.

This is the perfect hire.

Comment

Working...
                                X