No announcement yet.

Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My expectations are pretty high. Maybe it's just me, but if my expectations aren't met, I will simply admit that I was wrong. That will not make me less of a fan or make me bitter at the team or coaches because I was wrong.

I'm predicting a top-4 finish in the AAC.and no less than a bubble NIT team. I will not accuse players or coaches of under-achieving if those optimistic expectations aren't met.

I'm basing part of my optimism on my opinion that the players on the roster, and particularly the returning players, will fit better into Mills style of game than IB's. I'm expecting both a pick-n-rpoll game and a drive and dish game.

Dennis is my poster child for coaching style. Under IB Dennis was ignored on the offensive end because he couldn't hit the basket. Opposing teams WANTED him to shoot. Then he transferred and his shooting touch magically returned and he got to the G League. That happened with other players as well, but it was jaw-dropping the way it happened with Dennis.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Serious question, is long term development still a thing in the NIL/transfer portal era? High level D1 athletics has gone haywire and I'm just wondering if boosters, fans, athletes, coaches, media have any patience left during these crazy times. If you listen to certain local media members it's postseason or bust with Mills in year 1 (which BTW I think is lunancy).

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
        Serious question, is long term development still a thing in the NIL/transfer portal era? High level D1 athletics has gone haywire and I'm just wondering if boosters, fans, athletes, coaches, media have any patience left during these crazy times. If you listen to certain local media members it's postseason or bust with Mills in year 1 (which BTW I think is lunancy).
        If you are good enough to be attracting significant NIL money, you would be foolish to completely ignore long term development. Depending on how much NIL is being thrown at you, it might not be your highest priority, but taking a little less NIL money for better development of your game is going to be very beneficial financially long term. I would think most of the time, athletes are going to have a few similar offers to choose from, so things like long term development will matter.

Here is a hypothetical, if Shamet had been able to get NIL money, would he have stuck around another year to see if he could improve his draft prospects? I have no idea, but is interesting to think about.

Comment

• Originally posted by giskard View Post

If you are good enough to be attracting significant NIL money, you would be foolish to completely ignore long term development. Depending on how much NIL is being thrown at you, it might not be your highest priority, but taking a little less NIL money for better development of your game is going to be very beneficial financially long term. I would think most of the time, athletes are going to have a few similar offers to choose from, so things like long term development will matter.

Here is a hypothetical, if Shamet had been able to get NIL money, would he have stuck around another year to see if he could improve his draft prospects? I have no idea, but is interesting to think about.
          I think Shamet was going to leave - period. As it turned out, his draft status was high enough that he could leave for the NBA instead of another school. Has he sniffed the campus or Wichita after he left?
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I think Shamet was going to leave - period. As it turned out, his draft status was high enough that he could leave for the NBA instead of another school. Has he sniffed the campus or Wichita after he left?
            Yes, and he credits being an NBA player to WSU and Coach Marshall:

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...230658484.html

“I wouldn’t be an NBA player if I stayed in Kansas City my whole life. I came here and got to play for Coach (Gregg) Marshall and play in front of these people and this city and that spring-boarded me to where I’m at now.”
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Yes, and he credits being an NBA player to WSU and Coach Marshall:

[URL="https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article230658484.html"]https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...230658484.html

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                    So, really, just continuing what coach Brown and staff did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

So, really, just continuing what coach Brown and staff did.
                      Almost exactly the same.

Comment

• It’s amazing how similar they are
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Comment

Comment

• I like the “WE ARE 316” marketing in the third photo…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Is Harlond Beverly 40 years old?
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X