Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

I’m going to say something super controversial. Marshall’s best years were when we had Fred Van Vleet here, and I don’t think that’s by chance. I *think* (my opinion don’t blast me) that the height of his success was contributed in large part by how FVV owned that team and led it. Because when he was gone, we suddenly seemed subpar.

either that or the success of the f4 and undefeated run truly got to Marshalls head and he thought he was smarter and better than he was.

I thought he was a great coach, but it’s just a thought that lingers in my head from time to time.
    FVV was great during his 4 years and he became the team leader his sophomore year. He definitely was not the the reason for the successful final 4 year. He was a backup point guard who played well for a freshman. Give Marshall his due. He molded that team and gave them the confidence to believe they could win it all, and they very nearly did.
    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• It’a no coincidence that Marshall’s best 2 years were the years we had Cleanthony Early. Cle does not get his dues around here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        It’a no coincidence that Marshall’s best 2 years were the years we had Cleanthony Early. Cle does not get his dues around here.
        And Marshall equally does not get enough credit for keeping Cle focused for two years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

And Marshall equally does not get enough credit for keeping Cle focused for two years.
          that's true, same can be said for turning guys like JT Durley and Shaq Morris into 1st team All Conf players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

that's true, same can be said for turning guys like JT Durley and Shaq Morris into 1st team All Conf players.
            True. However, I'm not sure that it would not have been wiser for HCGM (career wise and for the Shocks) to have cut ties early with Shaq. Talent and potential were never a question. Everything else was.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                Thanks for returning this to the Paul Mills thread.

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Wonder what that is about. He looks healthy, and is a (relative) youngster.

Comment

• I hope everything is okay!
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Listened to HCPM’s post-game presser for the first time and I’m throughly impressed.

Comment

• It seems that the quotes and interviews with players have a different tone this year than they did last year.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• This thread may fit this article best?
                              Eldridge article: "How a tiny detail helped decide winning and losing in Wichita State basketball game":

Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockrah View Post
                                This thread may fit this article best?
                                Eldridge article: "How a tiny detail helped decide winning and losing in Wichita State basketball game":

https://news.yahoo.com/tiny-detail-h...ycsrp_catchall
                                It’s so refreshing to see a game plan, and in-game adjustments. This is progress and I am excited to see how much better the team responds as the season rolls on.

Comment

Working...
                                X