Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Explain, please?
    You can find it on the VB board but since you asked.

From memory:
    CL has not won an AAC championship since his MVC recruited players won in 2017
    CL has not made the NCAA tournament since 2017

Seems someone that smart in coaching and developing fine tuned coaching processes should win more than just 1 conf championship since 2017.

CL needs to win this year or show tremendous progress building on last year or he’ll be placing helium filled balloons in another arena measuring HVAC draft impact to serves.

One can counter or spin like a top all they want but the guy is not winning championshipS at the AAC level

Therefore…HCPM might be very studious and highly fine tuned in his coaching philosophy but I hope he brings more championships and/or NCAA tournaments than CL has in the past 5 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

You can find it on the VB board but since you asked.

From memory:
      CL has not won an AAC championship since his MVC recruited players won in 2017
      CL has not made the NCAA tournament since 2017

Seems someone that smart in coaching and developing fine tuned coaching processes should win more than just 1 conf championship since 2017.

CL needs to win this year or show tremendous progress building on last year or he’ll be placing helium filled balloons in another arena measuring HVAC draft impact to serves.

One can counter or spin like a top all they want but the guy is not winning championshipS at the AAC level

Therefore…HCPM might be very studious and highly fine tuned in his coaching philosophy but I hope he brings more championships and/or NCAA tournaments than CL has in the past 5 years.
      The comparison was about coaching approach and process as described in The Athletice article. No one mentioned anything about results. No way to compare that at this point in time. Perhaps 5 years down the line you can compare how the two programs have fared under these coaches. But to me, if the The Athletic article accurately captures Paul Mills approach and process it is very comparable to what Lambo does and how Lambo thinks in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

The comparison was about coaching approach and process as described in The Athletice article. No one mentioned anything about results. No way to compare that at this point in time. Perhaps 5 years down the line you can compare how the two programs have fared under these coaches. But to me, if the The Athletic article accurately captures Paul Mills approach and process it is very comparable to what Lambo does and how Lambo thinks in my opinion.
        Hi
        It’s a poor comparison ‘72.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

It’s a poor comparison ‘72.
          How so?

Comment

• Ok.., you comparing PM and CL styles and processes based on the Athletic article and me responding “I hope not” is due to CL not being in the tournament for 5 years. That pretty much explains it,
            don’t you think.
            If PM doesn’t make the tournament in five years he’ll probably be fired. Chris might too after this year if he doesn’t produce

Comment

• I guess I missed it( not being sarcastic)… I thought everyone loved Lambo… hhhmmmm.

Comment

• One thing I’m worried about is that in the article, he mentioned we need 2-3 stars from the upper right quadrant and he also mentioned right now we have 1 - Kenny Pohto. We just signed what seems like a project freshman, with one roster spot left. So… ? What’s happening with that?

Comment

• I took it to mean that the players we have now are not in a static situation as far as what quadrant they may eventually be in. Germany and Colby seem to be able to move into that quadrant but character is certainly a subjective criteria

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                    One thing I’m worried about is that in the article, he mentioned we need 2-3 stars from the upper right quadrant and he also mentioned right now we have 1 - Kenny Pohto. We just signed what seems like a project freshman, with one roster spot left. So… ? What’s happening with that?
                    It can be hard to find those upper-right quadrant players following a coaching change in April. Could be that he's sending a message to a couple of players that maybe they aren't quite at the level they think they're at and the level where Mills wants them to be.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                      One thing I’m worried about is that in the article, he mentioned we need 2-3 stars from the upper right quadrant and he also mentioned right now we have 1 - Kenny Pohto. We just signed what seems like a project freshman, with one roster spot left. So… ? What’s happening with that?
                      Not saying he is upper right quadrant worthy, but I honestly don't think Bamba is that much of a project, if that is who you are talking about.

Comment

• It's official
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                          I guess I missed it( not being sarcastic)… I thought everyone loved Lambo… hhhmmmm.
                          To be fair molly jabali I think it's safe to say most people love Lambo.

Some people view volleyball through, roughly, the same prism they view men's basketball for instance. And that's certainly their prerogative. They see previous successes from the Volleyball program and compared to the current state, it's certainly a step backwards. How big a step backwards, well, your mileage may vary, and again, that is everyone's own prerogative.

Since hosting in 2017, the program has missed the NCAAs 5 straight seasons. Certainly the expectations are to be better. Some people believe that Lambo's best days are behind him and a change should be made, others (like me for instance) believe improvements and changes have been made and that Lambo remains the best person overall to run this program. Both points have merit.

But from your vantage point as a casual observer, yes, most folks at this point in time still support, fairly strongly, Lambo.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

It's official
                            I’ll have to dig a little deeper; wondering the age of their twins?

“Caynen Thomas and Cayden James.”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

It's official
                              I have to say that seems like a pretty solid hire considering the circumstances and timing.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X