Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I take it that you're on the side to not give him a chance, since you are ridiculing that statement? If so, I was speaking to you rather than he.
    Oh, no....ALL in on him...NOT all in on somehow we bequeath him the blessing of our approval....if it matters to him, he's in wrong profession...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

At the pace that center court logos are growing, it won't be long before a shot from WUs hair is a nice solid layup
      Yeah, we are to the 3 point line already ...

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Go Shockers - RH: Podcast With TJ Cleveland on Shocker Basketball

Listen to the podcast

Wichita State men's basketball assistant coach TJ Cleveland updates fans on the trip to Greece, what the Shockers accomplished and who stood out. We discuss Dalen Ridgnal's immediate impact after joining the team right before the trip. We also talk about playing for Nolan Richardson at Arkansas and a career journey that started with a job at Blockbuster Video.

Cleveland joined the Wichita State men's basketball coaching staff in July after spending the previous four years at St. John's. He has also coached at UAB, Missouri and Arkansas.

Cleveland played at Arkansas from 1998-2001 under coach Nolan Richardson.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Thanks... he sounds like a sharp guy. I'm pleased with PM's staff.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Coach Cleveland confirmed by my observation about Joy being a physcial specimen. When asked which,, if any of the players stood out on defense in Greece he said:

"Yeah, believe it or not a freshman, Joy. He has a body and the phsyique of a 28 year old. He was tough on the ball, tough off the ball, and played with a physicality as a freshman that was impressive".

Comment

• Really good interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Really good interview.
                Yessir it was. Encouraging and enjoyed it very much.

Comment

• Looking forward to meeting TJ (among others) tonight.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Hey, he's a friendly face!! Having a (distant) family member on staff... Maybe I'll rise to the inside information level of our resident Doc
                      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Toby Lane story:
                        https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...ad/ar-AA1gemJn
                        Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• I think I just made the connection. I'm not sure he's originally from Benton, but his father lived a number of years there but I believe has passed. And if it is who I'm thinking, I did meet him a time or two while working in Benton because we had a business relationship with his father, who was insanely proud of him. He spent a number of years with Haith at I believe Miami, Mizzou and Tulsa.

It's been years since I'd seen him and he didn't look familiar, though I think he was also always wearing a hat when I did. Plus it's been 12 or so years.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Toby Lane follow-up:
                            Exactly 30 years after graduating from WSU, the Benton native is returning to his alma mater to join Paul Mills’ staff.
                            Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• The player from Africa whose last name I can't possibly pronounce or spell - I'll just call him Joy, may turn out to be a joy. For an incoming Fr he's got a great head start on conditioning. He looks to be ready for some physical play.

joy.jpg
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Damn, he looks strong as heck!

But why does he emote a dove smacking into a two-by-four board??!? What about his past don't we know??!? With that wingspan, is HE the dove? He can fly through boards?!?! shoxlax we need answers!
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X