Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    $hit happens… probably don’t want to lose this guy.

Ryan Hillard (chief of staff)
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Texts, tears & Skittles: How incredible coaching tree connects Jerome Tang, Paul Mills

K-State’s Jerome Tang and Wichita State’s Paul Mills once went head to head for a coaching job, but something strange happened: They began to advocate for each other.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

It's actually kind of crazy how many quality players are still in the transfer portal. WSU definitely has options.
        You mean everyone in the portal doesn't get to go to Memphis?

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

You mean everyone in the portal doesn't get to go to Memphis?
          It's crazy to me how one team in the conference can recruit at such a high level compared to the others.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

It's crazy to me how one team in the conference can recruit at such a high level compared to the others.
            Memphis is Fed ex country. That basketball team is loaded.

FedEx(Federal Express) Slogans

So fast and easy, even an MBA can do it.

When it Absolutely, Positively has to be there overnight. ( 1978–1983 )

It's not Just a Package, It's Your Business. ( 1987–1988 )

Our Most Important Package is Yours. ( 1991–1994 )

Absolutely, Positively Anytime. ( 1995 )

The Way the World Works. ( 1996–1998 )

Be Absolutely Sure. ( 1998–2000 )

This is a Job for FedEx. ( 2001–2002 )

Don’t worry, there's a FedEx for that. ( 2002–2003 )

Relax, it’s FedEx. ( 2004–2008 )

The World On Time. ( 2001–present )

We Understand. ( 2009–present )

We Live To Deliver. ( 2009–present )

Comment

• Didn't Eastern Airlines (long defunct) try to steal off that '78-'83 by trying something like when it absolutely, without question, has to be there today?

Obviously it wasn't nearly as effective.

Comment

• Nice look into his analytical approach and “intense” practices to get the most from the players. Gives great optimism for not only this year but the future of the program with him leading it. So refreshing to get back to expecting players develop compared to the “hope & prayers” I’ve had the last few years…
                If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan7 View Post
                  Nice look into his analytical approach and “intense” practices to get the most from the players. Gives great optimism for not only this year but the future of the program with him leading it. So refreshing to get back to expecting players develop compared to the “hope & prayers” I’ve had the last few years…
                  Mills has an interesting approach. It will be interesting to how his approaches will work with his teams. It just might give an edge to the team over others, and is certainly the future. I'm willing to give him a chance to prove it works here at Wichita State.

How coach Paul Mills is getting Wichita State basketball players to buy in with analytics

Mills and his staff are more analytically-driven than most, which made for an adjustment period for many of the players. “It’s definitely been a learning curve, but he’s a really good teacher,” Miami transfer Harlond Beverly said. “I feel like all of us have already been able to learn something, so I can only imagine how much we will learn throughout the year with him.” To avoid making his players feel like they’re trapped in a classroom listening to him drone on about advanced analytics, Mills tries to incorporate video clips and graphics to drive home his ultimate point. He doesn’t want his players thinking about numbers while they’re playing; he wants the numbers to help ingrain habits during practice that will carry over to the games. Instead of always showing his players past clips of his Oral Roberts teams, Mills likes finding examples in the NBA to show his players the concept being performed at the highest level of play. “There’s a lot more talk about analytics and stats,” WSU returner Isaac Abidde said. “The learning process is different, but it’s helped me a lot. I’m just a fan of learning and I love learning about the game of basketball, so I’m just trying to soak everything up.” The focus during this late July practice was properly spacing the floor during transition and Mills had compiled clips of the James Harden-era Houston Rockets to emphasize his point.

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...278225138.html

I gave you the link to this local article, but If you can't access it, you'll have to do your own research, but this is the jist of the article.

Comment

• Most impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Mills has an interesting approach. It will be interesting to how his approaches will work with his teams. It just might give an edge to the team over others, and is certainly the future. I'm willing to give him a chance to prove it works here at Wichita State.

How coach Paul Mills is getting Wichita State basketball players to buy in with analytics

Mills and his staff are more analytically-driven than most, which made for an adjustment period for many of the players. “It’s definitely been a learning curve, but he’s a really good teacher,” Miami transfer Harlond Beverly said. “I feel like all of us have already been able to learn something, so I can only imagine how much we will learn throughout the year with him.” To avoid making his players feel like they’re trapped in a classroom listening to him drone on about advanced analytics, Mills tries to incorporate video clips and graphics to drive home his ultimate point. He doesn’t want his players thinking about numbers while they’re playing; he wants the numbers to help ingrain habits during practice that will carry over to the games. Instead of always showing his players past clips of his Oral Roberts teams, Mills likes finding examples in the NBA to show his players the concept being performed at the highest level of play. “There’s a lot more talk about analytics and stats,” WSU returner Isaac Abidde said. “The learning process is different, but it’s helped me a lot. I’m just a fan of learning and I love learning about the game of basketball, so I’m just trying to soak everything up.” The focus during this late July practice was properly spacing the floor during transition and Mills had compiled clips of the James Harden-era Houston Rockets to emphasize his point.

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...278225138.html

I gave you the link to this local article, but If you can't access it, you'll have to do your own research, but this is the jist of the article.

James Harden? FVV would be a better player to compile video of, if spacing is the focus. It's right there...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

James Harden? FVV would be a better player to compile video of, if spacing is the focus. It's right there...
                        Reading comprehension.

Article states "James Harden-era Rockets". Those teams had incredible spacing

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

Reading comprehension.

we just have to hope no one on this team thinks they are James Harden

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

Reading comprehension.

Oh blow it your a** dingleberry. Those James Harden Rocket led teams had good, don't know about 'incredible,' spacing, but just not when it counted the most. Just to let you know, that would be the playoffs. E-V-E-R.

The last player any teacher should reference when educating players on the right way to play the game would a cheeseburger eatin', slacking on D (if any at all), taking step back 3's, turnover machine when the game is on the line, like Larden. I think you get my point. I'm sure the Coach means well...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Oh blow it your a** dingleberry. Those James Harden Rocket led teams had good, don't know about 'incredible,' spacing, but just not when it counted the most. Just to let you know, that would be the playoffs. E-V-E-R.

The last player any teacher should reference when educating players on the right way to play the game would a cheeseburger eatin', slacking on D (if any at all), taking step back 3's, turnover machine when the game is on the line, like Larden. I think you get my point. I'm sure the Coach means well...
                              I think you're forgetting he's the best pure scorer of this generation while he averaged double digit assists with the spacing Mike D'antoni had in those offenses. Very similar to the 7SOL Suns spacing wise.

Nobody was getting out of the west with GSW there and they got the closest out of anybody.

Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Man, as much as I love the Marshall era (and the FVV era), saying spacing was great with those teams compared to those Houston teams (and even the NBA as a whole) is...something. Spacing in the NBA is light years ahead of the college game, partially due to the players being better, and partially due to the information being better.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X