No announcement yet.

Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At any point during his contract, Mills can earn a one-time automatic one-year extension, which would include total compensation of $1.914 million for the 2028-29 season, if Wichita State wins at least 25 games or wins a conference regular-season or tournament championship.

Comment

• “There is an “other” compensation section with various stipends — $65,000 each for radio, television, official appearances and other appearances. Throw in a $24,000 stipend for club membership and Mills is earning another $284,000 in the first year of his contract. That figure grows to $294,000 in his second year and is a consistent $314,000 the final three years of his contract. That adds up to an additional $1.5 million over five years. Beginning after his second season, Mills will earn a retention bonus every July 1 he remains the head coach at WSU. He will earn $50,000 in 2025, another $75,000 in 2026 and another $100,000 in 2027.”

I like this. Encourages HCPM to be active in the community.
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Very fair contract for both sides. I am thankful that the money was available to get it done. I wasn’t confident two months ago that this was feasible. Bring on the Paul Mills era!

Comment

• Wins - 20 or 21: $10,000
          22-24 Wins: $20,000
          Conference COY: $25,000
          National COY: $50,000

Top 40 Net: $25,000
          Top 50 Net: $10,000
          Non-Conf SOS Top 50: $25,000
          Non-Conf SOS Top 10: $10,000
          NCAA At-Large: $15,000
          NCAA Rd 32: +$25,000
          NCAA Sweet 16: +$70,000
          NCAA Elite 8: +$110,000
          NCAA Final 4: +$160,000
          NCAA 2nd: +$235,000
          NCAA Champions: +$335,000

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

I thought WSU was broke.
            We are which makes this really interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

We are which makes this really interesting.
              Hmmmmm.....................................

So Athletic bankruptcy is the next step? Are you sure you know the full story? Did a supporter “hit” the lottery in the past month or two or ...................? Are you telling us everything?

Comment

• Seems exactly what someone would think it would be.

Comment

• I don't subscribe to the eagle. What's his base salary?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                    I don't subscribe to the eagle. What's his base salary?
                    Pretty much the whole article has been mentioned across several posts. Here is the part with the base salary:

Mills and WSU agreed to a five-year contract that will pay the coach upwards of $8.5 million — without performance bonuses — over the life of the contract, which runs through the 2027-28 season. The compensation structure is arranged much differently than previous WSU head coaching contracts. Under guaranteed compensation, Mills’ base salary will pay him $1.25 million in his first year, $1.3 million in his second year, $1.35 million in his third year, $1.4 million in his fourth year and $1.5 million in his fifth year. That adds up to $6.8 million over five years in base pay, but that’s not all Mills will receive.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Pretty much the whole article has been mentioned across several posts. Here is the part with the base salary:

Mills and WSU agreed to a five-year contract that will pay the coach upwards of $8.5 million — without performance bonuses — over the life of the contract, which runs through the 2027-28 season. The compensation structure is arranged much differently than previous WSU head coaching contracts. Under guaranteed compensation, Mills’ base salary will pay him $1.25 million in his first year, $1.3 million in his second year, $1.35 million in his third year, $1.4 million in his fourth year and $1.5 million in his fifth year. That adds up to $6.8 million over five years in base pay, but that’s not all Mills will receive.
                      Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Hmmmmm.....................................

So Athletic bankruptcy is the next step? Are you sure you know the full story? Did a supporter “hit” the lottery in the past month or two or ...................? Are you telling us everything?
                        No apparently I don’t know any of the story as money is coming from someone I am not aware of.

Comment

• Direct Institutional Support

:)
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I thought WSU was broke.
                            They were. Obviously, ADKS was able to convince the big boys to pony up to the bar. Kudos to him (if that is truly what happened). I think we will eventually figure it out.

Comment

I thought WSU was broke.
                              As SL stated WSU Athletics was broke. I witnessed this in kc last fall when no band or cheerleaders made the trip. Some one or a group came up with the money to get this done. We may never know the back story but that won’t stop some from thinking they need to know every nuance of this event

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                                As SL stated WSU Athletics was broke. I witnessed this in kc last fall when no band or cheerleaders made the trip. Some one or a group came up with the money to get this done. We may never know the back story but that won’t stop some from thinking they need to know every nuance of this event
                                Perhaps Saal has been fundraising all fall/winter also. They did pay $10k or so to send spirit and band to Fort Worth. So hey....there is that lol.

And we are getting ready to go to Daytona in a couple weeks for Nationals. Although that was mostly from their own fundraising lol
                                Last edited by shockerfan; March 25, 2023, 07:29 PM.
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X