No announcement yet.

Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see a lot of people saying we need to quit shooting threes (other than Rogers), because of our low percentage thus far. I couldn't disagree more. Do you know what would happen if we only had five or six Rogers three-pointers a game? For one, Rogers would never get those off because he would be the only one they would have to i guard at the three-point line. And the inside game would be gone because they could just pack it inside. we must keep shooting threes. We need to make threes by running better offense and getting better open looks for three by multiple players.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
      I see a lot of people saying we need to quit shooting threes (other than Rogers), because of our low percentage thus far. I couldn't disagree more. Do you know what would happen if we only had five or six Rogers three-pointers a game? For one, Rogers would never get those off because he would be the only one they would have to i guard at the three-point line. And the inside game would be gone because they could just pack it inside. we must keep shooting threes. We need to make threes by running better offense and getting better open looks for three by multiple players.
      We need Bell to shoot 10 3’s per game.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

We need Bell to shoot 10 3’s per game.
        Well he is our second best 3 point shooter, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
          I see a lot of people saying we need to quit shooting threes (other than Rogers), because of our low percentage thus far. I couldn't disagree more. Do you know what would happen if we only had five or six Rogers three-pointers a game? For one, Rogers would never get those off because he would be the only one they would have to i guard at the three-point line. And the inside game would be gone because they could just pack it inside. we must keep shooting threes. We need to make threes by running better offense and getting better open looks for three by multiple players.
          I'm not advocating for no 3 pnt shots. But we have several that shouldn't be shooting them, but do. I'm pretty old school hoops, liking ball movement to create nice open mid range shots and bunnies. I hate the diving twisting moves only to see a guy throw the ball towards the hoop, in hopes of it going in. That is what we get from several guys. When Beverly drives he shoots the ball. Some of the others, not so much a shot as a toss toward the hoop.

Comment

• What happened to Mr. Claannng? Was he banned?

Comment

• I just don’t want Pohto shooting threes anymore.

Comment

• Stickboy46 do you have access to data that gives points after a miss? I have a feeling that mills’ “rebounding” strategy is to limit opponents points after a miss since we don’t box out and drop 2 to guard the fast break. I want to know if it’s actually as effective as he thinks it is.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                  Stickboy46 do you have access to data that gives points after a miss? I have a feeling that mills’ “rebounding” strategy is to limit opponents points after a miss since we don’t box out and drop 2 to guard the fast break. I want to know if it’s actually as effective as he thinks it is.
                  Ummm let me look and see if any of the sites have that data. It's probably on synergy but I don't pay for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                    Stickboy46 do you have access to data that gives points after a miss? I have a feeling that mills’ “rebounding” strategy is to limit opponents points after a miss since we don’t box out and drop 2 to guard the fast break. I want to know if it’s actually as effective as he thinks it is.
                    Good thought. Maybe he’s also realized that we’re not good at stopping fast breaks, as we saw against k state

Comment

• If there are any stats that show how many offensive charges the Shocks have taken, or how many they have tried to take…I would be interested in that.

My guess is that HCPM doesn’t emphasize they do that on defense. I haven’t seen it much so far this year.

Comment

• It's much more difficult to draw a charge call now than a few years ago. I would coach them to make a quick decision. Either you're in easy position to take a textbook charge, you foul them so there's no chance of a 3 point play, or you get out of the way.

Comment

• As another poster said some months ago, we're getting the P5 castoffs that they cut loose in order to take the top players out of the portal.

This could be an absolute disaster for Mills. Fans who expect or want the results Marshall got aren't likely to see anything resembling those results and then blame Mills for it. The environment in college ball has changed radically from when Marshall was here. Comparing anything in the current era to that era is pointless.

Baker, Mills, and Early would have been getting $500,000+ NIL offers. Cotton probably half that. The top players at WSU get a used car they can drive while they're on the team, but they have to pay maintenance and insurance.

Porter is the only NBA player since Baker, FVV, and Early to play his final season or Sr year here. NIL and the portal make it even harder to keep that level of player in the program.
                          Last edited by Aargh; December 25, 2023, 01:51 AM.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Could we compare Mills and this team to Tang and last year's Wildcats?

Comment

• One can compare anything to anything else but most comparisons are worthless in their essence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                As another poster said some months ago, we're getting the P5 castoffs that they cut loose in order to take the top players out of the portal.

This could be an absolute disaster for Mills. Fans who expect or want the results Marshall got aren't likely to see anything resembling those results and then blame Mills for it. The environment in college ball has changed radically from when Marshall was here. Comparing anything in the current era to that era is pointless.

Baker, Mills, and Early would have been getting $500,000+ NIL offers. Cotton probably half that. The top players at WSU get a used car they can drive while they're on the team, but they have to pay maintenance and insurance.

Porter is the only NBA player since Baker, FVV, and Early to play his final season or Sr year here. NIL and the portal make it even harder to keep that level of player in the program.
                                Shamet? He played his final season here between then and now.

Comment

Working...
                                X