The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
    So - Jaron Pierre. Did I just miss some team picking him up, or is he still in the portal? That would get embarrassing after a while, I’d think.
    Just looked up his Twitter and the last tweet about himself and basketball was him entering the portal back on April 15th
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

It's also very difficult to come back from a torn Achilles in basketball
      That’s also a major concern, but I can say for certain that wasn’t the deterrent on Illinois’ end that made them not end up going through with taking him. Recovering from an Achilles & potentially a what I would guess would end up being a massive suspension are about as red as red flags get, but I would still be in favor of adding him with 2 spots open this late in the cycle, have always liked his game.

Comment

• A PG just hit the portal, but he's only got one year of eliginility and will have to sit out a year. Jahvon Quinerly, former 5*, played for 'Bama. Lots of reasons why he doesn't look like a fit for WSU's needs, but a surprising entry late into the portal.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          A PG just hit the portal, but he's only got one year of eliginility and will have to sit out a year. Jahvon Quinerly, former 5*, played for 'Bama. Lots of reasons why he doesn't look like a fit for WSU's needs, but a surprising entry late into the portal.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-top-25-and-1/

Apparently it's between Memphis and Miami. He's chasing the NIL bag.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Apparently it's between Memphis and Miami. He's chasing the NIL bag.
            Our "bag" versus their "bag"...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Ya, but that Miami big money booster dude is shady AF. Got a feeling it's going to catch up to them.

Comment

• grad transfer PG. good stats and good defender

Comment

• Originally posted by vtshocker View Post
                  https://twitter.com/theportalreport/...BMueZK1t4q9IEg

grad transfer PG. good stats and good defender
                  Averaged 13.4 ppg / 4.3 rpg / 5.4 apg and 2.3 spg. Sounds like a stat stuffer like a few elite PG Shox have had in the last decade plus. 34.3% from three and 83% from FT to go with 49% from FG overall. Would be a fantastic late addition.

Comment

• Highlight link below on T.M.

Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Good court vision and passing skills. If he can handle a press he is a definite YES

Comment

• The Shocks had trouble converting on fast breaks the last 2 years (remember when they went about 20+ straight games without scoring on a breakout?) and this guy looks like he could remedy that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                          The Shocks had trouble converting on fast breaks the last 2 years (remember when they went about 20+ straight games without scoring on a breakout?) and this guy looks like he could remedy that.
                          last years team was very good on fast break conversions

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

60% of the time, they ended up in turnovers. (I made up the 60%, but it seemed like it-we knew how to turn the ball over really good).

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Very good? In the calender year 2023, not bad, not great...

Everything was better in 2023.

Comment

• I'd like to see the stats if they have them. Maybe it was just a big improvement over the prior year, but I felt like our finishes were much better last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X