The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

60% of the time, they ended up in turnovers. (I made up the 60%, but it seemed like it-we knew how to turn the ball over really good).
    60% of the time, it worked every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      I'd like to see the stats if they have them. Maybe it was just a big improvement over the prior year, but I felt like our finishes were much better last year.
      I agree that we were best when we weren't in our half court offense. We did have success on the break and our season turned around the second half when we tried to run more. However, if you are honest, we were turnover machines, and careless with the ball, so even with our successes, we weren't as good as we could have been.

Comment

I agree that we were best when we weren't in our half court offense. We did have success on the break and our season turned around the second half when we tried to run more. However, if you are honest, we were turnover machines, and careless with the ball, so even with our successes, we weren't as good as we could have been.
        Cause we let the dogs, be dogs and abandoned the leash…
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Cause we let the dogs, be dogs and abandoned the leash…
          Is that kind of like bad coaching is worse than no coaching?

Comment

60% of the time, they ended up in turnovers. (I made up the 60%, but it seemed like it-we knew how to turn the ball over really good).
            Actually, Rojas was the "TO Machine". He had 40 assists with 80 TOs. The rest of the team was 386 assists to 321 turnovers. I'm guessing most of his TOs didn't come from fast breaks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Actually, Rojas was the "TO Machine". He had 40 assists with 80 TOs. The rest of the team was 386 assists to 321 turnovers. I'm guessing most of his TOs didn't come from fast breaks.
              they mostly came from dribbling

Comment

• Some additional info on Terrion Murdix:

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Some additional info on Terrion Murdix:

That would be an interesting pick up then. Wonder when he could even practice.

Comment

• Memphis just landed former 5* PG Jahvon Quinerly from Alabama out of the portal.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      Memphis just landed former 5* PG Jahvon Quinerly from Alabama out of the portal.
                      landed = hired?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

landed = hired?
                        NO.

Bought

Comment

• Interesting... And uhh... That Jersey swap...

Comment

• Is Langston even D1?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              Is Langston even D1?
                              It's not even NCAA. It's NAIA.

JP should tear it up there.

Langston does seem to have hired a very solid young coach, Chris Wright. Langston went 1-37 in 2020-21 (only 10 game) and 2021-22. In Coach Wright's first year this past season Langston went 31-3 and made it to the NAIA Sweet 16 and was named NAIA National Coach of the Year by HoopDirt.com.

Maybe this is the kind of program JP needs. Good luck to him.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 18, 2023, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• This is what happens when you don’t even attempt to
                                go to school - when you’re supposed to be in school.

It’s super unfortunate for a kid who was so dang good at times. Hope nothing but the best for him.

Also anyone who bitched about Mills not retaining JP can come back to eat their crow.

Comment

Working...
                                X