The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
    Another low level recruit. There Stick, I saved you the posting time...

Comment

• I been off the board all day. Don't remember, it was either Sub or Kel, somebody reasonable, that said no recruiting news was better. I don't see how, when you are trying to build back your enthusiasm, but maybe there is a reason.

Comment

• I'm just happy to have something to read again :)

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          I been off the board all day. Don't remember, it was either Sub or Kel, somebody reasonable, that said no recruiting news was better. I don't see how, when you are trying to build back your enthusiasm, but maybe there is a reason.
          Pretty sure that wasn't me. To me, at this time of year, not having recruiting news would seem to indicate you're recruiting guys that people don't care about. High level transfers don't generally do anything without people knowing about or.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Averaged 17.3ppg .. not very efficient but never bad to have someone who can get points one way or another.

Comment

• WSU lost ALL the starters from a mid-tier AAC team and people out here expect to go from that to contending for a league championship and a tourney at large bid? While also questioning the abilities of all the returning players?

Jerome Tang did that, but he had an AA PG returning. He also got a lot of recruits late in the process.

A lot of posters are setting themselves up to make the argument that Mills needs to be fired unless he does something nearly impossible. It's going to be a very long offseason, and possibly an even longer season. The AAC is adding something like 4 teams that were rated higher than WSU last year and all the starters from that team are gone. It's likely to be harder to contend for a league title next year than it was this year.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Numbers look good from a scoring standpoint. 2 years left I think. He's a volume scorer though. Took 130 more shots and 80 more 3pts than any one player on the shockers this year. Assist to TO is pretty bad. Rebounds are pretty solid though. My concerns besides the volume scorer part would be 1. Not sure he fills a need for the next two years with who we have signed. Lots of players on the wing. And 2. We would be his 4th school already.

Would be pretty neutral overall. But I can see excitement for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    WSU lost ALL the starters from a mid-tier AAC team and people out here expect to go from that to contending for a league championship and a tourney at large bid? While also questioning the abilities of all the returning players?

Jerome Tang did that, but he had an AA PG returning. He also got a lot of recruits late in the process.

A lot of posters are setting themselves up to make the argument that Mills needs to be fired unless he does something nearly impossible. It's going to be a very long offseason, and possibly an even longer season. The AAC is adding something like 4 teams that were rated higher than WSU last year and all the starters from that team are gone. It's likely to be harder to contend for a league title next year than it was this year.
                    I have yet to see anyone say he should be fired if he doesn't win this year. He has 3 years at minimum, but more likely 4-5 unless no progress is shown.

No matter what people try to say, it's ok to be concerned with where we are at and the lack of hype around the program right now. We don't have to group think sunshine and rainbows and be glad to get a participation ribbon because "he did the best he could".

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post

You commented on this post and then an hour later again on the same post ? Angry and can’t get it out of your mind ?

want to hear good news ? lol
                      Not at all angry. Saw the Lutz comment calling SN garbage, after my first response, and it seemed that his attitude and yours have some similarities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

No matter what people try to say, it's ok to be concerned with where we are at and the lack of hype around the program right now. We don't have to group think sunshine and rainbows and be glad to get a participation ribbon because "he did the best he could".
                        I am coming around to understanding where Stick is coming from a bit more. Particularly as there’s been continued no good news.

However I will again mention that we didn’t get our best incoming recruits until a few weeks from now last year. And it appears that Mills is a lot more deligent than IB. He basically said as much when he was hired.

I will also point out that there was basically no buzz around Tang or K State entering last year. Johnson was a great pickup, but that was basically it, and they were picked dead last in the conference heading into the year.

IDGAF about the buzz. Honestly I don’t. I don’t really see any correlation between that and results in my mind.

Now I do see correlation between recruiting and results. And I will admit, even though I really like Beverly and Cortez, it seems we need some more guys.

But it’s not particularly late yet. Johnson committee to K State on Aug. 20 last year. Now that’s late. But May 1 is not.
                        Last edited by ShockerExpress; May 1, 2023, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Not at all angry. Saw the Lutz comment calling SN garbage, after my first response, and it seemed that his attitude and yours have some similarities.
                          Santa clause ? Or his son ? Can you show his comment ?

Comment

• Keep in mind that when a player becomes interested in a school, he then has to try to negotiate an NIL deal. That is part of the recruiting process and something HCPM isn’t in charge of. The player could be sold on WSU, but if the money isn’t there, it can be a deal breaker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                              Keep in mind that when a player becomes interested in a school, he then has to try to negotiate an NIL deal. That is part of the recruiting process and something HCPM isn’t in charge of. The player could be sold on WSU, but if the money isn’t there, it can be a deal breaker.
                              I know, I know, most of you weren't alive...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                                Keep in mind that when a player becomes interested in a school, he then has to try to negotiate an NIL deal. That is part of the recruiting process and something HCPM isn’t in charge of. The player could be sold on WSU, but if the money isn’t there, it can be a deal breaker.
                                Can you imagine typing that post in the current context just a few years ago?

Here's the way-back (3 years ago) version:

"Keep in mind that when a player is offered enough money from boosters or shoe companies he becomes interested in a school (ie, KU). That is part of the recruiting process and something HCBS and his staff gets involved with via text messages with Adidas reps. The player could be sold on KU, but if the money isn’t there, it can be a deal breaker."

My, how far we've come.

Comment

Working...
                                X