The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    I’ll just put this here. Watching the NFL draft and noticed the WSU shirt… first thought there was a Ted Lasso connection; definitely a WTH moment.

Pretty solid WTF, but I'll allow it.

LOL!

Comment

• Markquis Nowell's stats at Little Rock vs Elijah Hawkin's at Howard are quite comparable (I tend to lean towards Hawkins personally). Markquis is listed at 5' 8". After seeing Markquis this March who wouldn't want to try recreate that magic.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCount View Post
        Markquis Nowell's stats at Little Rock vs Elijah Hawkin's at Howard are quite comparable (I tend to lean towards Hawkins personally). Markquis is listed at 5' 8". After seeing Markquis this March who wouldn't want to try recreate that magic.
        Good point. They did have similar stats.

Comment

• Jordan Williams of Texas A&M just hit the portal. Very interesting PG prospect.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            Jordan Williams of Texas A&M just hit the portal. Very interesting PG prospect.
            5Jordan Williams
            • Height:6-3
            • Weight:215
            • Position:Guard
            • Class:Freshman
            • Hometown:Houston, Texas
            • Highschool:Second Baptist
            • Instagram:j._williams23
            • Twitter:jojowms23

High School
            Coached by Kevin Mouton and Curtis Scipio at Second Baptist High School in Houston, Texas … Earned TAPPS Class 5A state player of the year and first-team all-state honors, as well as District 5-5A MVP honors as a junior in 2020-21 after averaging 32.2 points, 11.3 rebounds, 8.1 assists and 3.3 steals per game … Helped lead Second Baptist to the Area Championship and a 22-9 record … missed his senior season due to injury … a versatile athlete, Williams earned varsity letters in basketball, football, track & field and baseball … Was the VYPE state MVP in football in 2019 … as a freshman at the Kinkaid School, Williams was the Southwest Preparatory Conference MVP on the gridiron, as well as all-district and all-state … an excellent student, Williams graduated with honors from Second Baptist where he maintained a 4.5 grade point average and was a member of the National Honor Society.

Did not play at TAMU this past year. Not sure if the was a elective redshirt or injury related. He also missed his senior year due to injury. So no the experienced point guard we need.

Comment

• The silence is deafening.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                The silence is deafening.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                  The silence is deafening.
                  According to some, this is waaaay better

Comment

• I have no idea about whether we are recruiting him but it would make sense due to his location if we were, although we need immediate help. The guy is an incredible athlete and was one of the best players in Texas in high school.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                      I have no idea about whether we are recruiting him
                      Seems like this could said at the start of most recruiting threads these days haha

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Ok now this is funny as h*ll

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

So, who said that? I've not seen that said at all. I've seen some, including myself, defend the staff for being stealth. But we will see if it works or not. I'm guessing that we will see little to no difference.
                          I believe some on SN are just upset that they aren't getting any inside Info, and I guess that's understandable, but it is also understandable that the staff recruit how they want. It is their livelihood on the line and not ours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

So, who said that? I've not seen that said at all. I've seen some, including myself, defend the staff for being stealth. But we will see if it works or not. I'm guessing that we will see little to no difference.
                            I believe some on SN are just upset that they aren't getting any inside Info, and I guess that's understandable, but it is also understandable that the staff recruit how they want. It is their livelihood on the line and not ours.
                            100% agree with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

There’s not a single person upset they aren’t getting inside info frequently … but I do believe you think this is waaaaay better

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post

There’s not a single person upset they aren’t getting inside info frequently … but I do believe you think this is waaaaay better
                                Nobody is saying that. What you perceive as that is really just a lack of emotion about it one way or another. Obviously you don’t have that ability with this, which is fine. Just don’t be so all up in your feels about it that you say something stupid.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X