The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SshockerR View Post
    For those worrying about NIL in the Abmas recruitment, KState's 247 guy is suggesting we have money for Max that KState may not be capable of matching and money that Texas may not be willing to match. Surprised me to read but certainly encouraging.
    Well, well, well, how the turntables have turned...

Comment

For those worrying about NIL in the Abmas recruitment, KState's 247 guy is suggesting we have money for Max that KState may not be capable of matching and money that Texas may not be willing to match. Surprised me to read but certainly encouraging.
      link?

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

If true that could be why he added a possible visit to us. Maybe some money guys are coming through in the final hour for him.

Still skeptical, but I guess it isn't over until it is over.
        Texas' 247 guy also referencing NIL with regards to us possibly swooping in. They may have the same source but at least it's not just one person saying it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

link?
          Gilz's Kansas State basketball transfer portal notes - April 24 (247sports.com)

What a delusional bunch. You'd think we play in the Southland Conference judging by their comments. Don't ever let them get ahold of the Big 12 endowment numbers, they just might start to realize they've been outkicking their coverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

Gilz's Kansas State basketball transfer portal notes - April 24 (247sports.com)

What a delusional bunch. You'd think we play in the Southland Conference judging by their comments. Don't ever let them get ahold of the Big 12 endowment numbers, they just might start to realize they've been outkicking their coverage.
            The Texas page is an entertaining read as well. They are convinced that Mills, Tang, and Scott Drew are working together to get him to go anywhere but Texas.

Comment

KSU and Texas gotta save the NIL funds for the backup football waterboy

Comment

• Texans are too proud. Whatever we offer him...some oil-Tex will pony up more at the last minute to swoop him away. They don't loose these battles. BUT.....we'll see.
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                  Texans are too proud. Whatever we offer him...some oil-Tex will pony up more at the last minute to swoop him away. They don't loose these battles. BUT.....we'll see.
                  If the money is comparable, I really like our odds.

Comment

• I really hate that this is what recruiting has turned into. With that said, if it's true that we got the kid a BAG, it shows that Saal and Mills are doing a good job getting the donors engaged again.

Comment

I really hate that this is what recruiting has turned into. With that said, if it's true that we got the kid a BAG, it shows that Saal and Mills are doing a good job getting the donors engaged again.
                      I am not a huge fan either but you have to get with the times or get left behind and I for one would rather be competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

KSU and Texas gotta save the NIL funds for the backup football waterboy
                        Arch Manning's future NIL deal with Ferrari isn't going to pay for itself.
                        78-65

Comment

This has Onegreatracer written all over it!

Comment

I really hate that this is what recruiting has turned into. With that said, if it's true that we got the kid a BAG, it shows that Saal and Mills are doing a good job getting the donors engaged again.
                            I hate it also. Eventually there has got to be some regulations and caps I would think.

But until then, you get in and play in the slop with everyone else. Or get left behind.
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• It appears that in some cases the NIL puts WSU on equal footing that they wouldn't have been able to gain before. I'm all in now...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
                                Getting Abmas is indeed the first domino in Mills getting off to a good start. Hopefully, if Abmas is interested in following his coach, Mills, Saal, Armchair and the bigger boosters are prepared to make him feel welcome in every way.

For WSU, Abmas is what big$ NIL should be all about. Getting Abmas will lead to selling season tickets and to getting other players which will lead to winning and selling single game tickets and selling more season tickets the following year. Every 1000 season tickets sold is probably equal to about $1,000,000 in revenue to the athletic departments. WSU supporters, big and small, should consider investing in Abmas/NIL because the returns could be great. WSU could benefit the way K State and Missouri did this season. How much is that worth?
                                I wrote this 3 weeks ago. I think you have to look at your NIL like a pro team. 3 guys are scholarship only. 3 get minimum deals. 3 get minimum plus. 3 get mid level deals. 1 gets a “Max” deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X