The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock View Post
    I don’t understand why having a pistol is such an issue with people on here. He had a lawfully concealed weapon that he had disclosed to officers when asked. They found his weed (also not a big deal) when the officer went to secure the weapon. Some liberal reporter found it and said “Oooo, booga booga, scary gun!” and you ate it up.

It’s legal and it’s an explicitly protected right and he is free to exercise it.
    I don't specifically know Alabama state law, but in Kansas it is illegal to carry a firearm while under the influence. It is a class A misdemeanor and could be up to 1 year in jail. I have a ccl and would never consider doing it. In any case it isn't a good idea. If you ended up having to use your gun and were under the influence it would be hard to defend.
    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

I don't specifically know Alabama state law, but in Kansas it is illegal to carry a firearm while under the influence. It is a class A misdemeanor and could be up to 1 year in jail. I have a ccl and would never consider doing it. In any case it isn't a good idea. If you ended up having to use your gun and were under the influence it would be hard to defend.
      Were they actually under the influence or did they just happen to have both weed and guns on them?
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post

I’m with you on this one. Additionally ; I’d love to see him back….every player doesn’t need to parade their commitments and departures on social media in my opinion in order to be respectful to fans ( I’m assuming this is what fans are upset with or did I miss something? ). He kept quiet and played his arse off , come on back if you want and for a low NIL deal to offset if you are given a second chance.
        Someone found a social media post where he said something like "I don't care what others think, my decisions are my own" followed by two middle fingers. Presumably in regards to his decision to leave. It's here somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

Comment

• For me, it has nothing to do with the legality of his actions, as it does JW being someone who was quick and happy to bolt WSU at the first opportunity and didn’t care how he expressed that desire out the door.

If my girlfriend/wife leaves me for someone else, am I supposed to beg her to come back when it doesn’t work out with her new man?

WSU and JW will both be fine without each other.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post

I’m with you on this one. Additionally ; I’d love to see him back….every player doesn’t need to parade their commitments and departures on social media in my opinion in order to be respectful to fans ( I’m assuming this is what fans are upset with or did I miss something? ). He kept quiet and played his arse off , come on back if you want and for a low NIL deal to offset if you are given a second chance.
            Several parts on this conversation where we can all agree or disagree. I think Walton is a good kid as I've never seen or heard of him harming or threatening anyone. Also never heard of him raping or stealing. Can't blame him for wanting a gun nearby, in these troubling times. And as far as the pot, it was illegal. I have no issues with pot but think use should be restricted to homes or bars, away from other folks children. But it was illegal, so that makes him stupid, like most of us were or are at that age.

As far as him coming back? I believe Mills said he only wanted players who wanted to be here, and JWs parting message pretty much affirmed that he did not.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Were they actually under the influence or did they just happen to have both weed and guns on them?
              Bingo. They were charged with possession. Everything else being bandied about on here is a felony.

He broke team rules by being arrested and charged, nothing more.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Several parts on this conversation where we can all agree or disagree. I think Walton is a good kid as I've never seen or heard of him harming or threatening anyone. Also never heard of him raping or stealing. Can't blame him for wanting a gun nearby, in these troubling times. And as far as the pot, it was illegal. I have no issues with pot but think use should be restricted to homes or bars, away from other folks children. But it was illegal, so that makes him stupid, like most of us were or are at that age.

As far as him coming back? I believe Mills said he only wanted players who wanted to be here, and JWs parting message pretty much affirmed that he did not.
                Gotta transport your pot somehow.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Gotta transport your pot somehow.
                  Did it for years. Never did anything to draw attention and always cool and calm with the cops.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Did it for years. Never did anything to draw attention and always cool and calm with the cops.
                    I wonder what he did to draw attention to himself in Alabama.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

Loitering or disturbing the peace.

Comment

• I'm sure Jaykwon will have plenty of other options, although I do not think returning to Wichita State will be one of them. Even if HCPM was interested, Jaykwon does not appear to be. Good player. I have no idea if he is a good person or not. Time to move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

I could be wrong with the hundreds of posts on this subject, but as I recall someone called the cops because they saw someone smoking pot in a parking lot.

Unlike alcohol, there are no tests that positiviely identify someone as currently under the influence of cannabis. The tests indicate that you have ingested it in the past, but not whether the person being tested is currently under the influence. It would be hard to make a case of carrying while under the influence of cannabis hold up in court.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• He is still enrolled at Wichita State….so the headline could’ve technically read “Wichita State student busted for Weed and Guns”….

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Someone found a social media post where he said something like "I don't care what others think, my decisions are my own" followed by two middle fingers. Presumably in regards to his decision to leave. It's here somewhere, but I couldn't find it.
                              I remember when the person posted that and I asked where it was posted to get the full context of the reply and never got a response. So I'm not sure it was even a social media post. It could have been a private message he sent to the person after something they said to him.

But if it was a social media post, if someone wouldn't mind posting where it's located online I wouldn't mind seeing it and get the context of his reply. And not the post and screenshot on Shockernet, but the actual post on twitter, facebook, instagram, etc. Thanks.

Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• I'll call it right now. JW will wind up at St. Johns with Rick Pitino.
                                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
                                X