No announcement yet.

The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here was part of the tweet conversation where he was talking about POSSIBLY filling the roster by early this week. It's pretty vague and even Taylor said "confident may be the wrong word". And no indication on if Abmas was expected to be among this. That is pure speculation by fans.

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Sweden can't even make cheese without holes in it.
      I don't know what is swirling around in KP's head these days. I'm sure he is trying to figure things out and if staying and doing things the 'Mills way' is best for him.
      Who knows at this point.
      I personally hope he stays and gives it his best shot.
      Look he is familiar with WSU and the class load.
      Familiar with the feverish fan base.
      Familiar with the town and AAC teams.
      Plus he has friends on the team.

From a team standpoint, do any of you want to go into next year banking an unknown skinny kid who last played a on a UTSA team and did 'ok'.
      Do we even have to go into relying on the 'Q' and his ailing bad back?

I hope and trust PM is making a valid attempt to let KP know he is a valued and wanted member of this team.
      There a re those on here who rip on him occasionally, but he is the best of what is currently working out in the gym.

Better hope he comes to his senses and continues having occasional breakfast at the Doo Dah.

That is all.
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ky-mike View Post

I recall Taylor making the comment about the coaching staff confident in having the roster filled this week.
        early this week

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
          I personally hope he stays and gives it his best shot.
          Definitely.

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
          From a team standpoint, do any of you want to go into next year banking an unknown skinny kid who last played a on a UTSA team and did 'ok'.
          IMO Jacob will be as good as the P.G. running the plays and feeding him. Inexperienced two being forced to play the one? We'll see an unproductive Jacob. True, experienced PG running the show? We'll see an excellent Jacob. The same goes for Pohto really.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            Has Yesafu committed anywhere yet?
            Has Yesafu committed anywhere now?
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Would much rather have them get the right kids and take their time. There is no hurry. I know we all think if we don't have a full roster by April things must be haywire, but with the portal these days that is no longer the case. The timeline is fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

Has Yesafu committed anywhere now?
                The most recent info I can find is from April 9, with him receiving interest from:

SMU, Boise State, USC, Purdue, Drake, Washington State, Stanford

Comment

• Abmas visiting Texas this week doing his DD. I know he's a long shot but he'd bring a huge boost in fan moral, butts in the seats next season, and likely a few more solid roster pickups if they could convince him to be a Shocker. Taylor mentioned a couple days ago that coaches still feel like they're in on Abmas. I think we'll be finding out soon one way or another.

Comment

• Saving WSU for last :)
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                      Saving WSU for last :)
                      That's what I keep telling myself so I can sleep at night.

Comment

• I hope Texas plays it honest and tries to get him drunk.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• If he doesn't make an announcement within a couple days after visiting Austin then things could get interesting.

Comment

• Question - is it possible he doesn’t feel the need to visit wichita after having spent so long with Mills? We’re kind of a known quantity no?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                              Question - is it possible he doesn’t feel the need to visit wichita after having spent so long with Mills? We’re kind of a known quantity no?
                              To some extent that is true and he has played against the Shockers in Wichita. But still, I would think he would want to make an extended visit before committing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                                Question - is it possible he doesn’t feel the need to visit wichita after having spent so long with Mills? We’re kind of a known quantity no?
                                How else will he get his cookie cake?!?!?!
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X