The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
    Yea something tells me hes coming back, but I could be wrong.
    Maybe he’s ‘auditioning’ for a position. I’m sure Quincy Acy will have a strong opinion on the big man’s potential in PM’s system. It gives me hope and that is a good thing.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Maybe he’s ‘auditioning’ for a position. I’m sure Quincy Acy will have a strong opinion on the big man’s potential in PM’s system. It gives me hope and that is a good thing.

Cannot stress enough how fortunate WSU is to have a 7-year NBA vet on staff with experience as player development coach. Instant credibility with players and recruits.

Comment

• How long was CP in the portal last year?

Comment

• If you’re Mills, you have to recruit like Pohto is gone. Until Pohto pulls his name back out, he has the leverage. The only way to regain leverage is to bring in a better player and ask for the keys back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

FYI, we are not being considered by Tylor Perry

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Saw that. Doubt it has anything to do with us.

Comment

• Pohto wants to play here. The desire is not the issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
                  Pohto wants to play here. The desire is not the issue.
                  So are some 4*-5* athletes going to take his place??
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
                    Pohto wants to play here. The desire is not the issue.
                    No idea what this means.

Comment

• As soon as I saw the today’s WSUMBB pics that had Pohto, my first guess was that Kenny really wants to be here but also wants to see what it’s like with Coach Mills. How does he run a practice? What’s the assistant coaches like? How is the team vibe? He has every right to test this out before pulling his name from the portal. I am not going to lose sleep over it, but should he like Coach Mills and his staff, I think they will vastly improve his Stretch 4 game and his 3 point shooting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
                        but should he like Coach Mills and his staff, I think they will vastly improve his Stretch 4 game and his 3 point shooting.
                        How could they not improve that part of his game? More important to KPs game should be muscle up and take it to his defenders. Too often he uses very nice footwork near the hoop and moving to take shots to avoid contact. With his height and a few more pounds he should learn to muscle it up through contact. That has been my biggest issue with KP. While improved 3 point and mid range shooting would be nice, it should be his third concern behind rebounding and physical play inside.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

How could they not improve that part of his game? More important to KPs game should be muscle up and take it to his defenders. Too often he uses very nice footwork near the hoop and moving to take shots to avoid contact. With his height and a few more pounds he should learn to muscle it up through contact. That has been my biggest issue with KP. While improved 3 point and mid range shooting would be nice, it should be his third concern behind rebounding and physical play inside.
                          Maybe you aren't familiar with Pohto's history. He has historically always played on the perimeter and been a pick-n-pop post who scored from the perimeter. He NEVER played near the basket on offense before he came to WSU. He was an effective and efficient 3-point shooter before he got to WSU.

It would appear that the coaching staff used all of his practice time to convert him to being an inside player that his perimeter game disappeared. Instead of using him to pull the opponent's post player to the perimeter and clear driving lanes for the rest of the team. they tried to convert him to playing inside.

He had no inside game, His perimeter game was not coached, He was used inside ineffectively, opposing team's posts were allowed to stay near the basket to rim protect.

Can't blame him for not wanting to continue being used in his most ineffective roles.

The way he wants to play only works on a team loaded up with 3-point shooters. Then use him for his passing abilities near the basket and you've got an effective offensive post.

It's going to take more than a few years to turn him into a traditional back-to-the-basket banging post player.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Maybe you aren't familiar with Pohto's history. He has historically always played on the perimeter and been a pick-n-pop post who scored from the perimeter. He NEVER played near the basket on offense before he came to WSU. He was an effective and efficient 3-point shooter before he got to WSU.

It would appear that the coaching staff used all of his practice time to convert him to being an inside player that his perimeter game disappeared. Instead of using him to pull the opponent's post player to the perimeter and clear driving lanes for the rest of the team. they tried to convert him to playing inside.

He had no inside game, His perimeter game was not coached, He was used inside ineffectively, opposing team's posts were allowed to stay near the basket to rim protect.

Can't blame him for not wanting to continue being used in his most ineffective roles.

The way he wants to play only works on a team loaded up with 3-point shooters. Then use him for his passing abilities near the basket and you've got an effective offensive post.

It's going to take more than a few years to turn him into a traditional back-to-the-basket banging post player.
                            I know what he did prior at sunrise. He's 6'11" and will never advance to NBA level without an inside game. Teams live and die on 3 point shots because even the best 3 point shooting teams have off nights. WSU needs a strong inside presence and if he doesn't want to do that, I'm good with him transferring out.

Comment

• I think we need to listen more to LetsGoShockers2021. He seems to have a lot of inside scoop, and when he shares it, it’s almost always correct. Keep it coming LGS!

Comment

• As most of you know who read my posts I have probably been KP's biggest advocate from day one. He adapted his game to the coaching received. He has made big strides in his back to the basket game. He plays under control, takes care of the ball, SEES the court and unselfishly / effectively passes to open teammates. Great screener and passer. Good offensive rebounder. His overall game noticeably improved from year one to year two and especially the second half of year two. I believe we have much better developmental type of coaches now that will further accelerate his improvement. I liken his trajectory and value to that of Jamie. Still plenty of upside especially when the new coaching staff allows him to scrape the rust off his perimeter shooting. He can be a good stretch four and a good center.
                                Last edited by asiseeit; April 18, 2023, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X