No announcement yet.

The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For note, May 11th is the Transfer Portal entry deadline. So players have to be in the portal by May 11th in order to get the free transfer. If they enter after that it will require a waiver. So when it comes to filling out roster, next 30 days will be the timeline where people become available (they don't have to choose their new team by May 11th but at least need to be in the portal)

Comment

• ECU has landed Kansas transfer Bobby Pettiford
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
        Not gunna lie ; I’m a little surprised Mills couldn’t land German during his visit. Doesn’t seem like it would be a very hard sale once you get him in front of you when your a good coach ; in a good/better conference ; at a good program without a starting center and when you have a previous good relationship with the kid…. Seems like a really really easy sale at that point for a salesmen . Little concerned to be honest ; would be nice if our coach was a shark sales man. Plenty of non NIL power houses landing good players. Maybe this week
        He’s still a kid. He Said he didn’t want to make a decision on his first visit. All kids like to be courted, or recruited. They will take the attention anyway they can. Germany might fall in this category more than he has a particular school in mind. Kingston Ok. Is only 4 hours away from Wichita. His parents had to travel 6 hours to San Antonio, and 11 hours to Nashville TN

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
          Not gunna lie ; I’m a little surprised Mills couldn’t land German during his visit. Doesn’t seem like it would be a very hard sale once you get him in front of you when your a good coach ; in a good/better conference ; at a good program without a starting center and when you have a previous good relationship with the kid…. Seems like a really really easy sale at that point for a salesmen . Little concerned to be honest ; would be nice if our coach was a shark sales man. Plenty of non NIL power houses landing good players. Maybe this week
          Eh. I think it’s bait to get Kenny recommitted.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• It would be lot easier for Mom and Dad to come watch him play if that is of any importance to Mr. German and his parents. But it is very difficult to know for sure what a young man prioritizes in making his decision. I think it is wise for these players to take their time and try to make the best decision for themselves, all things considered.

Players who commit after taking the time and effort to give serious thought about their decision are likely to be the kind of players HCPM is more interested in, at least if you can believe his rhetoric.

The days when you have your roster pretty much set in place in the early signing period (almost a year in advance of the season) would appear to be long gone. Perhaps even more so when there has been a coaching change. Last year, without a coaching change, FHCIB announced the signing of Ballard, Bell and Rojas on April 19th. He announce the signing of soon to be departed before the season started freshman, Jacob Wilson, on April 24th. And arguably FHCIB's best group of signees Walton, Pierre, Okafor and Rogers were announced on May 12th.

So a modest amount of patience will most likely be required.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 10, 2023, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• Nm
              Last edited by Shockm; April 10, 2023, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                I would be lot easier for Mom and Dad to come watch him play if that is of any importance to Mr. German and his parents. But it is very difficult to know for sure what a young man prioritizes in making his decision. I think it is wise for these players to take their time and try to make the best decision for themselves, all things considered.

Players who commit after taking the time and effort to give serious thought about their decision are likely to be the kind of players HCPM is more interested in, at least if you can believe his rhetoric.

The days when you have your roster pretty much set in place in the early signing period (almost a year in advance of the season) would appear to be long gone. Perhaps even more so when they has been a coaching change. Last year, without a coaching change, FHCIB announced the signing of Ballard, Bell and Rojas on April 19th. He announce the signing of soon to be departed before the season started freshman, Jacob Wilson, on April 24th. And arguably FHCIB's best group of signees Walton, Pierre, Okafor and Rogers where announced on May 12th.

So a modest amount of patience will most likely be required.
                Thanks for this.

Comment

• I believe Abmas is committing very soon
                  Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Abmas final farewell to ORU

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                        I believe Abmas is committing very soon

if he does, the shocker pessimist in me believes we will see a 10% drop in his three-point percentage...

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                          I believe Abmas is committing very soon
                          Why do you believe this?

Comment

• Looks like first commit should be coming Thursday:

Former top 60 recruit with 2 years to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

if he does, the shocker pessimist in me believes we will see a 10% drop in his three-point percentage...
                              He said Abmas was committing soon. He did not say to he was committing to Wichita State. But if that is what he was implying than Onegreatracer can clarify that.

Comment

• "Beverly shot a career-high 31.7% from 3-point range this past season". Do we really need another wing that can't shoot ?

Comment

Working...
                                X