The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    I don't know if we were even considered but I think playing in the CBI tournament would have been wise. It would have kept some current players busy/occupied perhaps delaying their decisions a week or so while the coaching search goes on. Abidde and Ricks would surely have benefited if they were both given substantial minutes to showcase their skills to a future coach. True for the PG applicants, as well. The CBI field isn't that bad or beneath us.
    Would be really weird to fire your coach THEN accept a pay to play tourney. If you are going to fire your coach, it makes no sense to spend the money on the CBI.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      I don't know if we were even considered but I think playing in the CBI tournament would have been wise. It would have kept some current players busy/occupied perhaps delaying their decisions a week or so while the coaching search goes on. Abidde and Ricks would surely have benefited if they were both given substantial minutes to showcase their skills to a future coach. True for the PG applicants, as well. The CBI field isn't that bad or beneath us.
      I know Wichita as a program has fallen the last few years, but they are still way above pay to play tournaments. if it's not the NCAA or NIT, no thank you.

Comment

Anthony Pritchard of Tulsa is in the portal. Name doesn't ring a bell for me, but he's the first name I've seen from those that will be a part of the AAC next year.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Both points well taken

Comment

Hopefully a lot of the guys are in "wait and see" mode.

Comment

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Tulsa is losing another in Keyshawn Embery-Simpson
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                  I suppose it's not impossible that the new guy might keep one of the existing assistants.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                    Well that's a good sign. Does he "know" something we don't know as of yet?
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Well that's a good sign. Does he "know" something we don't know as of yet?
                      Like certain rumors that may be flying around Mississippi?
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

If WSU players do wait and see, is it an indication that NIL at WSU has significantly improved? Maybe the grass or the green isn’t necessarily better somewhere else. To get players to wait and see, do you have to promise them a spot on the team and NIL next year? I think most new coaches would want to have some continuity and even if by some miracle that everyone stayed, I think the new coach would have 3 scholarships to give. We know that all are not going to stay which will create additional openings.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
                          If WSU players do wait and see, is it an indication that NIL at WSU has significantly improved? Maybe the grass or the green isn’t necessarily better somewhere else. To get players to wait and see, do you have to promise them a spot on the team and NIL next year? I think most new coaches would want to have some continuity and even if by some miracle that everyone stayed, I think the new coach would have 3 scholarships to give. We know that all are not going to stay which will create additional openings.
                          Well we had zero last year .. so yea. But in reality, i've seen it mentioned multiple times that its in a decent place.

Comment

Jonathan Givony on Twitter: "Wichita State's Kenny Pohto is entering the transfer portal, a source told ESPN. 6'11 Swedish big man with perimeter skill will be a coveted target for high majors after a productive season in the AAC." / Twitter
                            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Well .. wasn't exactly one i wanted to see leave but also not the end of the world. Also possible for any of the departures to pull their name back once a new coach comes in.

Comment

That sucks. He had some really good games this year. Again, with a new coach, nothing is going to surprise me here.

Comment

Working...
                                X