No announcement yet.

The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MKR, I can't keep up with all these names. Thanks for doing this. Are we recruiting that kid from Oral Roberts, Max Abmas?

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
      MKR, I can't keep up with all these names. Thanks for doing this. Are we recruiting that kid from Oral Roberts, Max Abmas?
      I haven't seen anything official on that so I haven't included him. I would think that the Shox are at least in contact.

Comment

• This list of schools has to be a joke right??? That's almost a quarter of all teams that have "reached out". You have to click the tweet inbedded below. There are more teams...

Comment

• Not sure how accurate this is or if this account know anything, but posting for information and discussional purposes...

Comment

• This site has Abmas 100% to WSU and an NIL value of $125,000. Max Abmas - Oral Roberts Golden Eagles - PG (on3.com)

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                This list of schools has to be a joke right??? That's almost a quarter of all teams that have "reached out". You have to click the tweet inbedded below. There are more teams...

I think he misunderstood the question as schools he's heard OF.

Comment

This list of schools has to be a joke right??? That's almost a quarter of all teams that have "reached out". You have to click the tweet inbedded below. There are more teams...

Heard from them or heard of them? Sheesh.

Comment

• Ha! Beat me to it.

Comment

Not sure how accurate this is or if this account know anything, but posting for information and discussional purposes...

Cue the season ticket robocalls!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                        This site has Abmas 100% to WSU and an NIL value of $125,000. Max Abmas - Oral Roberts Golden Eagles - PG (on3.com)
                        This would be a wonderful start and hopefully will incentivize KP to re commit and others to take a harder look.........like Clemence from Ks and Grill. Clemence went to Sunrise. I know there are others but these three with Abmas would make us dancers.

Comment

• Thought this was interesting...

"The obvious take is that he'll follow coach Paul Mills to Wichita State, where the former ORU coach upgraded after this season. Seems unlikely.
                          How much NIL cash is available at Wichita State compared to, say, Texas or Baylor?
                          Abmas would have free rein with Mills, no question. But maybe it's time to get paid instead."

"He was must-see basketball, the star of the league and a national media darling in a conference that simply doesn't generate a lot of heat. It was unfortunate Abmas played for a coach who generally wasn't well-liked around the league, by either opposing teams or the handful of non-fanboy media that covers the Summit, because the negativity muted some of the celebration around Abmas."

McFeely: Oral Roberts star Max Abmas enters transfer portal, and we'll miss him - InForum | Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo news, weather and sports

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• If Abmas comes, that could either make it easier for players to come here knowing we'll be successful, OR make it harder because he takes a higher volume of shots. Which is fair.

But get him + a good shooter or two and this team's prospects change in a heartbeat.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              Thought this was interesting...

"The obvious take is that he'll follow coach Paul Mills to Wichita State, where the former ORU coach upgraded after this season. Seems unlikely.
                              How much NIL cash is available at Wichita State compared to, say, Texas or Baylor?
                              Abmas would have free rein with Mills, no question. But maybe it's time to get paid instead."

"He was must-see basketball, the star of the league and a national media darling in a conference that simply doesn't generate a lot of heat. It was unfortunate Abmas played for a coach who generally wasn't well-liked around the league, by either opposing teams or the handful of non-fanboy media that covers the Summit, because the negativity muted some of the celebration around Abmas."

McFeely: Oral Roberts star Max Abmas enters transfer portal, and we'll miss him - InForum | Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo news, weather and sports
                              Sheesh. This NDSU columnist sounds salty that other teams have surpassed them for the past three seasons.

(I know you're just sharing the article, but man, what a maroon).
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                Thought this was interesting...

Ya. It has been reported that HCPM has some animated sideline demeanor that rubs some in conference the wrong way. Sound familiar?? I personally love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X