The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Ya. It has been reported that HCPM has some animated sideline demeanor that rubs some in conference the wrong way. Sound familiar?? I personally love it.
    Agree, a little ‘piss and vinegar’ is good…
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Ya. It has been reported that HCPM has some animated sideline demeanor that rubs some in conference the wrong way. Sound familiar?? I personally love it.
      I'm okay with the fact that he's not a sleepy head on the sideline.

Comment

• Abmas was pretty great this night

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
          If Abmas comes, that could either make it easier for players to come here knowing we'll be successful, OR make it harder because he takes a higher volume of shots. Which is fair.

But get him + a good shooter or two and this team's prospects change in a heartbeat.
          Colby rogers is supposed to be a legit shooter

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Colby rogers is supposed to be a legit shooter
            So have half the players for the last 10 years, according to Mike Kennedy and Dave Dahl…,
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

So have half the players for the last 10 years, according to Mike Kennedy and Dave Dahl…,
              True, can only go off his stats at his last college.

Comment

Not sure how accurate this is or if this account know anything, but posting for information and discussional purposes...

I think we should still be a bit cautious before we expect to land him. The "prediction" comes from On3's "recruiting AI" and not based on a "recruiting expert" making the prediction.

Comment

• It's nothing but an auction, and the bidding continues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

You mean half the players in 7 out of the last 10 years.

Comment

• Glad all the old hands on the board got the above reference.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        It's nothing but an auction, and the bidding continues.
                        Careful-you will be accused of racism.

Comment

• This is probably an unpopular take but I'd rather direct a majority of NIL funds at players like Abmas than spreading the funds thin for everyone across all sports. If we have 500k pot then let's fully support the program that pays the bills. Don't really care about anything else outside MBB.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

You mean half the players in 7 out of the last 10 years.
                            Actually 5 of the 7 of the last ten.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                              This is probably an unpopular take but I'd rather direct a majority of NIL funds at players like Abmas than spreading the funds thin for everyone across all sports. If we have 500k pot then let's fully support the program that pays the bills. Don't really care about anything else outside MBB.
                              I, for one, agree with you. Money should go to athletes that can actually generate return on investment. Surely, we can come up with the 10-15K NIL estimate for KP.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                                This is probably an unpopular take but I'd rather direct a majority of NIL funds at players like Abmas than spreading the funds thin for everyone across all sports. If we have 500k pot then let's fully support the program that pays the bills. Don't really care about anything else outside MBB.
                                Other opportunities will come on individual basis. The 25k is a basic nil through armchair. Each individual will have more opportunities and the better the player, the more individual nil deals will surface through other sources.

Comment

Working...
                                X