The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Other opportunities will come on individual basis. The 25k is a basic nil through armchair. Each individual will have more opportunities and the better the player, the more individual nil deals will surface through other sources.
    I'm saying if I could wave a magic wand I wouldn't allocate 25k across the board but rather allocate the pot across the MBB roster based upon individual talent/merit. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Jalen Cook is reportedly transferring to LSU.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Jalen Cook is reportedly transferring to LSU.
        Not going far. Seems like a trend of AAC players going to the SEC.

Comment

• No idea how to get rid of this.
          Last edited by Topshock; April 7, 2023, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/DrewPJohnsonSEC/...131074/photo/1

Hope this isn't true!
            Last edited by Topshock; April 7, 2023, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• He also posted this 2 days ago and it doesn't appear to be real. All his posts appear to be trolls

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He also posted this 2 days ago and it doesn't appear to be real. All his posts appear to be trolls

That would be awesome.!

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

That would be awesome.!
                  It definitely is a troll if you scroll back. Last 3 days hes "broke" the new that

1. Hunter Dickinson to Georgetown (didn't happen)
                  2. SDSU to PAC 12 confirmed (didn't happen)
                  3. Bill Self to retire (didn't happen)

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

I'm saying if I could wave a magic wand I wouldn't allocate 25k across the board but rather allocate the pot across the MBB roster based upon individual talent/merit. Just my opinion.
                    I understand your thoughts, but I think it's a good thing to have money available for all student athletes. Between school and practice, they have little time to work a job, plus that employer would have to be very flexible to accommodate their school and varying sports schedules.
                    In short it gives the non revenue generating sports a chance to compete at a high level and allows those who can, to make even more. Plus the individual nil deals may be tax deductible by their employer where as armchair donations won't be.
                    Last edited by Atxshoxfan; April 7, 2023, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• I hope he's a troll as he seems to be tweeting Abmas to Arkansas. Sorry if that's old news.
                      Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I understand your thoughts, but I think it's a good thing to have money available for all student athletes. Between school and practice, they have little time to work a job, plus that employer would have to be very flexible to accommodate their school and varying sports schedules.
                        In short it gives the non revenue generating sports a chance to compete at a high level and allows those who can, to make even more. Plus the individual nil deals may be tax deductible by their employer where as armchair donations won't be.
                        How many WSU athletes are there?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

How many WSU athletes are there?
                          Approximately 443
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I would love to have Abmas, but after the coaching search, I have learned a lesson to not focus and wrap hopes on one or two individuals. ADKS came up with (what looks to be) a good hire from a limited pool of viable candidates. HCPM has a much larger pool of viable candidates to fill player positions.
                            So while I'm impatient, I refuse to wrap our hopes to one or two players. I'll trust the powers that be to close deals with the best we can get.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Approximately 443
                              So any idea how we are commiting $25k to all student athletes, with a 500k pot? Math doesn't work.
                              443 sounds high for a school without football.

Comment

• I have no expectations of any players we’ll get (or lose). However I do find it interesting no other (additional) current players are in the portal.

Comment

Working...
                                X