No announcement yet.

The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This looks promising…. Visit upcoming this weekend. Jacob Germany. Senior Forward 6’11 240. Averaged 12 points 8 boards for UTSA at a 46% clip

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Tough to see that happing without Drew getting the blessing from Mills.

Not that Drew would need it, but I feel the mutual respect for those is strong.
      That's not how it works. I'd hope our coach isn't asking permission when a player hits the portal.

Comment

• LetsGoShockers - Are you still hearing the same info about the assistant coaches? I guess that announcement should be this week. You didn’t respond to the guess that I made about who 1 of the assistants might be.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

That's not how it works. I'd hope our coach isn't asking permission when a player hits the portal.
          I didn't say that's how it normally works.

I'm giving special consideration to this situation based on how I read the relationship between Mills and Drew.

Also not saying it would stop him from going to Baylor, but just that Drew might give Mills first dibs on this one.
          The Assman

Comment

• Averaged 12.3 / 8.3 / 0.9 this past season at UTSA. 6'11" forward from Kingston, OK. Three star out of high school ranked #202 nationally. Offered by Oral Roberts out of HS. 1 year of eligibility remaining.

View the profile of Wichita State Shockers Forward Jacob Germany on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Wouldnt be right for me to say a name until it’s officially announced but yah man ; I don’t understand why it takes so long to announce. Maybe he was on the road for games for 4-5 days then had to come back and start the HR process & background checks; who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
                  LetsGoShockers - Are you still hearing the same info about the assistant coaches? I guess that announcement should be this week. You didn’t respond to the guess that I made about who 1 of the assistants might be.
                  Meant to send my response above to you not to BostonWU

Comment

I didn't say that's how it normally works.

I'm giving special consideration to this situation based on how I read the relationship between Mills and Drew.

Also not saying it would stop him from going to Baylor, but just that Drew might give Mills first dibs on this one.
                    I also wouldn't expect Drew to ask ORU or WSU permission. Every man to himself with the portal.

Comment

Overseas players also seem more mature personality wise and polished skill wised as well. Maybe most aren't are as gifted with as much raw athletic ability as the players from the States, but these are two attributes I think would be helpful in building a team.
                      I would love to see some international players in Shocker unis, if it were possible. Historically, I think WSU has fared well with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post

After seeing the success of Utah State, Arizona, St. Mary's etc, we need to start getting into International recruits man. A whole lot of talent overseas that only a few schools are tapping into.
                        Does the last name “Germany” count ?

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post

Does the last name “Germany” count ?
                          Haha ikr? I LOL'ed when I saw that. Pretty ironic

Comment

• Targets.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

They have had 3 Guards transfer. Justin Harmon, Cam Alford and Jordan Battle lol
                              Darthard

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post

Wouldnt be right for me to say a name until it’s officially announced but yah man ; I don’t understand why it takes so long to announce. Maybe he was on the road for games for 4-5 days then had to come back and start the HR process & background checks; who knows.
                                "Man, a little bit of everything," Lucas replied when asked by Robinson about what he hoped was next for his career. "Obviously I want to get back into coaching. I want to be a head coach one day in the league. And once I'm done coaching, I want to move into the front office."
                                "I want to be able to orchestrate a team the way some of my colleagues are doing now, from Kyle Korver to Landry Fields to James Jones out here in Phoenix to Elgin Brand out in Philly. I feel like, as former players, we know how to put pieces to the puzzle together, we know what works and what [doesn't] work. I feel like I want to at least try to orchestrate a team... And you can see the job that James Jones and Elgin Brand [have] done for their teams.
                                He was a key part of Frank Vogel's most recent staff.

Comment

Working...
                                X