Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Cal’s coaching tree is not very impressive
    Cal's recruiting methods don't translate well to other programs.

In an odd twist the Ivy League could become the next blueblood conference. Those schools have alumni that can afford some MAJOR NIL offerings. Although there may be issues with entrance requirements.
    Last edited by Aargh; February 9, 2023, 07:58 PM.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I’m curious: If we finish with an overall record of 15-15 (.500) is that enough for IB to get another year?

Comment

• Originally posted by ventichai View Post
        I’m curious: If we finish with an overall record of 15-15 (.500) is that enough for IB to get another year?
        If it is, expect about 3,000 in attendance for games next year.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I’m curious: If we finish with an overall record of 15-15 (.500) is that enough for IB to get another year?
          What if we finish above .500?

Comment

IMO NIT was the bare minimum for brown at the beginning of the year. Missing the post season completely multiple years isn't acceptable. I don't see NIT happening. Winning the AAC tourney would put us in a weird spot... But I think that's basically impossible for us to play consistent enough for 3-4 days in a row with such a short bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

IMO NIT was the bare minimum for brown at the beginning of the year. Missing the post season completely multiple years isn't acceptable. I don't see NIT happening. Winning the AAC tourney would put us in a weird spot... But I think that's basically impossible for us to play consistent enough for 3-4 days in a row with such a short bench.
              Pretty high expectations for a Coach who lost 3 of his best players mostly due to new regulations allowing players to leave for money and not sit out a year. Did you think CP was that good? Him and Pohto were the only returnees. Ricks and Adibbe don't count.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Pretty high expectations for a Coach who lost 3 of his best players mostly due to new regulations allowing players to leave for money and not sit out a year. Did you think CP was that good? Him and Pohto were the only returnees. Ricks and Adibbe don't count.
                The overall pic of the past 3 years has been a downward trend - This year is about what I expected. Last year was a complete disaster IMHO. The players were there - the coaching was not.

IB is not the right guy - a nice guy - but not the right guy for WSU.

Comment

What if we finish above .500?
                  So i take it you are an IB guy and have settled for these results as your expectations?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Keeping players from leaving is part of coaching now. If money and portal are valid excuses, might as well sign IB for a lifetime contract.

To counteract your first statement, I do not think having the expectation that we won't miss the postseason (NIT minimum) two years in a row is too high of expectations for the Shocker program. Especially when you were given an NCAA caliber team to start. If we were getting closer then I'd say another year would be acceptable but we are farther away this year than last year.

​​​​​

Comment

Not high at all IMHO. That is the landscape now. The "11 new players" thing or whatever is overused and over simplified. There is plenty of red flags over the last couple of years to warrant his departure unless he can make postseason (not likely)
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• To me, it’s the fact of how many we’ve lost at home. That’s the ones that’s gotta kill Saal. For that reason, I really hope he’s gone. I do think he’s gotten a lot better lately and is likely to be a fine enough somewhere someday, but I don’t think it’s fair to put fans through a learning on the job type experience after what we’ve had for the past decade+

Comment

Why didn’t he do better with those three best players??
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Keeping players from leaving is part of coaching now. If money and portal are valid excuses, might as well sign IB for a lifetime contract.

​​​​​
                            Keeping players from being enticed with big money is the coaches fault? I think that's what you're implying. I give you credit for being smarter than that. We can make a new thread about the perils of the NIL in the modern landscape of college sports, OK? It's real.

Anyway, I'll bow out of this thread for now. It's been a real bore and I pat myself on the back for having stayed away for the most part. When HCIB's third year is up I'll participate again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Why didn’t he do better with those three best players??
                              I've stated many times how obvious it was that WSU took a step back last year without their All-Conference point guard. There ya go. WSU was stuck with TE (or CP) running the team and getting to the free throw stripe at the end of close games last year, of which there were a lot, as the year before.

Did you expect an NIT this year too after losing RCIV, Mo and DD to the no sit-out transfer rule and big $$ too? That impasse ain't a reflection on HCIB.

For now I'm exiting this circle jerk until year 3 of HCIB is over. But I'll bet anyone big $$ Chris Beard ain't coming to the Air Capital.

Comment

I've stated many times how obvious it was that WSU took a step back last year without their All-Conference point guard. There ya go. WSU was stuck with TE (or CP) running the team and getting to the free throw stripe at the end of close games last year, of which there were a lot, as the year before.

Did you expect an NIT this year too after losing RCIV, Mo and DD to the no sit-out transfer rule and big $$ too? That impasse ain't a reflection on HCIB.

For now I'm exiting this circle jerk until year 3 of HCIB is over. But I'll bet anyone big $$ Chris Beard ain't coming to the Air Capital.
                                So, they only reason they weren’t as good last year was because they couldn’t figure out how to get the best out of their guard play? Who’s responsible for that?

Now, the reason they aren’t as good this year is because they couldn’t keep their roster together from the year before? Who’s responsible for that?

Based of that, you might as pay me $1M/year, if I’m absolved from any fault for the results on the court!
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X