No announcement yet.

As of now, odds IB is back next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I can say we are not gaining any fans with IB. In fact we are losing fans at an alarming rate. A total opposite of the last ten years.

Comment

• We did not lose RC, DD and MU to other programs only because of NIL deficiencies. In fact, we could bave cobbled together enough to retain them. Those players had no confidence that IB could get them competitively to the place they needed to be. Ricky especially and he was right.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Keeping players from being enticed with big money is the coaches fault? I think that's what you're implying. I give you credit for being smarter than that. We can make a new thread about the perils of the NIL in the modern landscape of college sports, OK? It's real.

Anyway, I'll bow out of this thread for now. It's been a real bore and I pat myself on the back for having stayed away for the most part. When HCIB's third year is up I'll participate again.
        I know you said you were bowing out .. but in response to the first part. Yes NIL is real. NIL is here to stay .. which is EXACTLY why part of the coaches performance is based on how well he keeps players here. We can't always have an excuse of "well all the players from last year left for NIL money so that's why we sucked this year". Its now part of the coaches job performance in order to succeed. They have to find a way to combat it.

Comment

• IB should send Wedge a Christmas card

Comment

• I thought we were at 50% fire/retain IB. Now I think its more like 75-80% retain. Adding the Wedge buyout, plus $4 mil to fire him before 2024. Can't imagine it's possible.

Comment

• If it's not possible, prepare for an average attendance next year of <5000
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Taylor tweeted we're already paying 8.5M to departed coaches/ADs. It's 12.5M if you move on from IB. I just find it unlikely that will happen. My entire viewpoint has now changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                  Taylor tweeted we're already paying 8.5M to departed coaches/ADs. It's 12.5M if you move on from IB. I just find it unlikely that will happen. My entire viewpoint has now changed.
                  I tend to agree... but also have seen several projects kick off for Shocker Athletics which makes me hopeful ADKS has a plan.

Comment

• I think there is a decent chance we are better next year than this year. Inshallah. Beyond just going 0-fer the rest of the season or a cut and dried for cause scenario IB will be back.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                      I think there is a decent chance we are better next year than this year. Inshallah. Beyond just going 0-fer the rest of the season or a cut and dried for cause scenario IB will be back.
                      I'm not sure on that .. Its hard to tell without knowing what we get in the Portal but losing Porter will be a MASSIVE hole that we don't have a good replacement currently on the roster. Rojas will also be a huge loss though we at least have a few people that might be able to step up a bit. As of right now we have 4 open scholarships for sure next year with only 1 incoming player committed.

Retaining Walton and Pohto will be critical if IB stays. Do that and work the portal and MAYBE we have a chance to be improved. that's a lot of things that have to go his way though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm not sure on that .. Its hard to tell without knowing what we get in the Portal but losing Porter will be a MASSIVE hole that we don't have a good replacement currently on the roster. Rojas will also be a huge loss though we at least have a few people that might be able to step up a bit. As of right now we have 4 open scholarships for sure next year with only 1 incoming player committed.

Retaining Walton and Pohto will be critical if IB stays. Do that and work the portal and MAYBE we have a chance to be improved. that's a lot of things that have to go his way though.
                        I’m going to be honest. I 100% forgot about Porter leaving. I still think IB is nailed on next year. Obviously our best players can get portaled and we can portal some replacements, but Porter will be a big loss.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Even before we always lost 2 or 3 to transfer

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                            I’m going to be honest. I 100% forgot about Porter leaving. I still think IB is nailed on next year. Obviously our best players can get portaled and we can portal some replacements, but Porter will be a big loss.
                            Yea, its the position where the drop off from starter to backup is the most drastic this year. I'm hopeful Colby Rogers and growth from Pierre can make the 2 a strong point next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Even before we always lost 2 or 3 to transfer
                              I think Ricks is a for sure transfer. Bell might be .. but he's already used his freebie and is from Wichita. So he might choose to stay even though he will likely see a diminished role with Rogers being eligible. I could definitely see Scott leaving. (notes: these are my thoughts IF HCIB is back next year)

Comment

• If Pohto and Walton leave I can't see how HCIB stays on.

Comment

Working...
                                X