As of now, odds IB is back next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Thanks for the clarification. Sounds like another great hire by our departed AD...
    To be fair, I don't remember very many, if any, people were against Wedges hiring at the time. Most people were applauding it,

I can blame the DBag for a lot of things, but Wedge's hiring isn't one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

To be fair, I don't remember very many, if any, people were against Wedges hiring at the time. Most people were applauding it,
      I supported the hire 100%. I've said it before, our athletic department has been cursed. I'm anticipating Kevin Saal will right the ship... getting Fred's support is a big step in the right direction.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

While true ... Did the "problems" that led to his departure only develop during his tenure at WSU. I'm going to guess no. If so, then it's up to the AD to do the due diligence on that type of stuff before hiring someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I know you said you were bowing out .. but in response to the first part. Yes NIL is real. NIL is here to stay .. which is EXACTLY why part of the coaches performance is based on how well he keeps players here. We can't always have an excuse of "well all the players from last year left for NIL money so that's why we sucked this year". Its now part of the coaches job performance in order to succeed. They have to find a way to combat it.
          Speaking of NIL....have you heard the radio advertisement for this where they say "also known as NIL (not the letters N I L but the English version word for zero in futbol). I've never heard it referred to as the word. Am I sheltered? Or did Biden's speech writers pen this ad?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Speaking of NIL....have you heard the radio advertisement for this where they say "also known as NIL (not the letters N I L but the English version word for zero in futbol). I've never heard it referred to as the word. Am I sheltered? Or did Biden's speech writers pen this ad?
            I heard that spot and thought that was odd. Hope they are trying to convey that is what they can offer most of our athletes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm not sure on that .. Its hard to tell without knowing what we get in the Portal but losing Porter will be a MASSIVE hole that we don't have a good replacement currently on the roster. Rojas will also be a huge loss though we at least have a few people that might be able to step up a bit. As of right now we have 4 open scholarships for sure next year with only 1 incoming player committed.

Retaining Walton and Pohto will be critical if IB stays. Do that and work the portal and MAYBE we have a chance to be improved. that's a lot of things that have to go his way though.
              The last time HCIB had a floor general not named he Porter he did something GGG never could do and that's win a regular season AAC title. I'm fairly sure he knows what he wants in a PG. The recruiting forum has some readily accessible threads concerning that position. I personally would like to see a guard who can run the offense in close games late and get to the line as well. WSU hasn't had that for the last 2 years like he did his first year. But yes, CP is a good player and I am not implying otherwise.

Pohto's been one of the top 3 posts in the conference in February as he doesn't look to be letting up on that claim. Might be better with him and Walton back? If not here, then some other team will be better with either one of them...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

The last time HCIB had a floor general not named he Porter he did something GGG never could do and that's win a regular season AAC title.
                AND WHO WAS THE REASON THAT PG CAME TO WSU?!?!?!
                The Assman

Comment

Winning a press conference does not a good hire make. The results weren't very promising before Wedge stepped away regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

AND WHO WAS THE REASON THAT PG CAME TO WSU?!?!?!
                    Your point refutes nothing of what I stated as a fact.

Enjoy the game Top...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Your point refutes nothing of what I stated as a fact.

Enjoy the game Top...
                      Is Bruce Weber a better coach than Bill Self because he took Illinois to a title game and Self never did?
                      The Assman

Comment

Is Bruce Weber a better coach than Bill Self because he took Illinois to a title game and Self never did?
                        Yes
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Yes
                          I mean, it is a fact that Weber did something Self never did.
                          The Assman

Comment

• Humiliating

Comment

I mean, it is a fact that Weber did something Self never did.
                              Bruce Weber is the complete package, or at least that’s what his wife says.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Yeah, but is Bruce Weber a better coach than Mike Cohen?

Seriously though, If you have to cite the Chickens you are trying way too hard Top. At least you didn't bring up covid. Yet (again)...

Comment

Working...
                                X