24% or less
    32.18%
    25-49%
    22.99%
    50-74%
    32.18%
    75% or more
    12.64%

I wish I knew if the money could be raised.

If Saal can find the funding then I think 90% chance he is gone after this season.

If Saal can't I would say 90% chance he is back.

So I will go 50/50 lol
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

If Saal can find the funding then I think 90% chance he is gone after this season.

So I will go 50/50 lol
      So you voted in both 50% categories?
      I'm guessing both that include 50% should be added together because 50% is probably what each vote is trying to capture.

Comment

If Saal is serious about his job and plans to back up all of his talk, then 0.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          If Saal is serious about his job and plans to back up all of his talk, then 0.
          Hope your right!

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

So you voted in both 50% categories?
            I'm guessing both that include 50% should be added together because 50% is probably what each vote is trying to capture.
            If I could have I would have

Instead I voted 50 - 75% because I do lean on the fact I think ultimately the money won't be there. But I am much closer to 50% than I am 75% for this poll.

And I agree with you. I think both of those categories has everyone leaning closer to the 50% mark than the other way, if I had to guess.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I think Saal has the cojones to make the move and then deal with the finances if he doesn't have them now.

It all depends on the reactions he's had from the money guys. If they've indicated they will not increase funding under any circumstances, then IB is back. If the money guys are in a wait-and-see attitude, then a change happens and Saal will take the heat if the hire doesn't appeal to the money guys.

BTW, it's not unthinkable for an athletic department to go into debt. UConn's athletic department is something like $50 mill in the red. Many of the MVFC schools are in the red and going further that direction every year.

WSU is fortunate to have one of the better TV packages for non-football schools. WSU has a history of getting donor dollars and a reasonably decent TV guarantee. That should make it easier for WSU to incur some debt than for many other schools.

Apparently Vegas still respects the WSU brand (at least a little), which means the nation still respects the WSU brand. Another year of IB and that's gone.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

If one can avoid delusion, 50/50, just like their record. Them's the facts.

Comment

Having no idea about the financials of the University as a whole, I think Saal has to terminate the agreement regardless of the athletic department funds. I’m assuming they will have to borrow from the university. Basketball must be the athletic dept #1 priority and will support the success of other sports.

Comment

Disregard my vote. My foggy brain answered as if to say "what are the chances that he is replaced?" Which I think is high.
                    78-65

Comment

I assume we don't have the money. I think there are excuses Saal can make for IB to keep him around for a year to make the buyout a bit easier on the department for the following year.

Comment

Keeping IB around will only further harm the entire athletic department. Fewer season tickets will be sold if he is retained. Fewer tickets purchased on individual games. Fewer people with tickets actually showing up. Donations to the program will continue to decline. The program will be even less exciting to a future coach.

Saal will find a way to make a move. He has to and he knows it. A healthy and successful basketball program opens up more doors and funding for other sports as well, and we know of two projects that are set to begin this summer I believe at Cessna and Wilkins, and both still require plenty of funding to get to the end goal.

If by some chance IB is back, I'm probably done giving my time to the program in any way. Though replacing him with Turgeon would probably lead to the same finality for me. I think Saal has bigger plans than that though.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

So I will go 50/50 lol
                          I'm taking the fundraising announcement for the Shocker Softball team as a good sign. Saal knows MBB is what drives the bus and will be what helps fulfill those goals he just laid out for the improvements at Wilkins.

Comment

I pose the following question for your consideration only:

If you were in charge, and your entire well being was reliant on the success of sport A, do you think you would announce a plan to spend an insane amount of money to support a different program, let's call it sport K, that will NEVER pay for itself much less the other 12 sports, without a pretty good idea and or plan in place to ensure the success of sport A?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              I pose the following question for your consideration only:

If you were in charge, and your entire well being was reliant on the success of sport A, do you think you would announce a plan to spend an insane amount of money to support a different program, let's call it sport K, that will NEVER pay for itself much less the other 12 sports, without a pretty good idea and or plan in place to ensure the success of sport A?
                              Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking the softball announcement means Saal has a plan on how to handle the situation with mens' basketball.

Comment

Working...
                              X