No announcement yet.

As of now, odds IB is back next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Turgeon or better please. Enough is enough.

Comment

• Anyone

Comment

• I've seen enough. The W's against bad teams gave a reason for another year. Blowing another second half lead against a team that has reached mediocre status is just another chapter in the story of Shocker basketball this year. UCF was able to shut down the Shox inside-out game in the second half.

When that happened, the Shox had nothing but their dribble around the perimeter and jack up a 3 offense (or throw the ball away trying to make something else happen). They were incredibly successful at making something else happen, which was usually a made 3 by USF.

A non-con schedule that no one wants to pay to watch, followed by getting one conference home win this season is going to make our attendance look like Tulsa's. Probably not that bad, but who wants to put out big bucks to watch a team play The Little Sisters of the Poor U, and the equivalent of that in conference play with a team that has consistently choked away every lead against a team with a pulse..
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• If he's back, the program is dead
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• A couple days ago, with the team showing some flashes, I thought 50-50. Today, I'd guess zero chance he's back.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              A couple days ago, with the team showing some flashes, I thought 50-50. Today, I'd guess zero chance he's back.
              He had an opportunity to work his way off the bubble by proving that the new improved offense was just a matter of the team finally starting to gel. He has no options when the top 5 guys get tired and sloppy. I can only reason that we had way too many recruiting errors or the 2nd five guys aren’t getting coached in practice. Either way, there is little in-game coaching happening and we see it week over week whether we’re playing a good team or a bad team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

if true, it would have to be the final nail for IB.
                how many final nails do we need? this thing must need a lot of nails!

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post

how many final nails do we need? this thing must need a lot of nails!
                  depends on how tight we wanna close the lid

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                    Please let this game be the nail in IB's coffin. I just can't stand it anymore
                    so many nails...

Comment

• By my count, 14 home losses in the last 2 years. After the program he took over this is incompetence at a very high level.

Comment

• I wonder if ADKS won’t look at the Coach Cal coaching tree since he was at UK for a longtime. ADKS had to have known some of Cal’s assistants.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox7 View Post
                          I wonder if ADKS won’t look at the Coach Cal coaching tree since he was at UK for a longtime. ADKS had to have known some of Cal’s assistants.
                          Cal’s coaching tree is not very impressive

Comment

Perhaps, but you kind of have to think that any search is going to include that direction at some point.

Comment

• Louisville is going through the same process, to an even greater extent. I think with both programs, the difficulty is evaluating how high the mountain is being built up. Yes, the money hurts now. But also, how much money are you okay burning in lost ticket revenue alone?

I think the simple answer is that anything from not paying multiple coaches at once, you'll lose from program decline. And maybe more. There need to be clear line in the sand. For Louisville, it doesn't really matter where you draw the line. You'd have to be insane to bring back their coach with their record breaking number of losses.

For us? I think the writing is on the wall with a losing season.
                              Last edited by CBB_Fan; February 10, 2023, 08:04 AM.

Comment

You are right about that. If that coaching tree candidate brings Cal’s not so secret keys to winning with him, we would be the one team the NCAA actually punished in short order.

Comment

Working...
                                X