As of now, odds IB is back next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by washedup View Post
    In regard to Eddie Fogler, always thought he was trying too hard to be Dean Smith. https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...zsjy8NM1Q&s=19
    I think that's a very fair observation.

Comment

• Originally posted by washedup View Post
      In regard to Eddie Fogler, always thought he was trying too hard to be Dean Smith. Certainly he should've taken the lessons from his mentor, but it seemed like he operated on what would Dean do instead of what I should do. In contrast, Roy Williams was a success because he took his Smith pedigree and then forged his own identity.
      On another note, our old friend Jeff ******* is suggesting Kellen Sampson as a possible candidate for WSU.
      https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...zsjy8NM1Q&s=19
      I had thought about him. Not a bad suggestion as he seems to be more of an associate head coach rather than an assistant at Houston.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Eddie might have 'gritted his teeth' and publicly approved, but I really believe the late 'Mike Dart' had a lot (A LOT) to do with that hiring of Mike Cohen... Doc can correct me if I'm full of BS.
        This is a true statement. I heard it directly.

Comment

• I can't imagine the fellows with the most skin in the game are happy. If your going to give large amounts you would think they would want positive results. I have heard that a few are pretty upset and unwilling to pony up again without change. Add the decline in attendance to the equation. Now, if KP and JW enter the portal, that would have to be the last straw.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Maybe he's a good husband. Maybe he's an ex-drinking buddy of yours. None of that has anything to do with what he did at WSU. Most of us don't know him other than his constant glum body expression on the sideline. At least that's how I vividly recall him.

Back to his time here in Wichita (and thus the topic); do you know if his 'consulting firm' profile mentions Mike Cohen? Hardly a Summit moment. I've never read it. Have you? It probably does mention that he restored Wichita State to it's former glory though, or something close to it.
            He's a great person. You (at least any normal person) would love to have him as a neighbor.

I don't drink.

NCAA auto-bid, NCAA at-large bid, NIT. 3 for 3 post season.

What you call glum was 80s professional. And Eddie was reserved, in a conservative Turg sort of way. He kept to himself. I get he didn't endear himself to this fanbase. And that's on him. Doesn't make him a bad person or bad coach. It is, however, admittedly, part of the job (more so today than in the mid-late 80s though).

I don't know about what his firm has regarding Mike Cohen. And as I've stated before, I don't care and he doesn't have to wear that, regardless of what you think.

In his time at WSU, Eddie is no worse than top 6 all time in head coaching rankings and that's stretching things.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

He's a great person. You (at least any normal person) would love to have him as a neighbor.

I don't drink.

NCAA auto-bid, NCAA at-large bid, NIT. 3 for 3 post season.

What you call glum was 80s professional. And Eddie was reserved, in a conservative Turg sort of way. He kept to himself. I get he didn't endear himself to this fanbase. And that's on him. Doesn't make him a bad person or bad coach. It is, however, admittedly, part of the job (more so today than in the mid-late 80s though).

I don't know about what his firm has regarding Mike Cohen. And as I've stated before, I don't care and he doesn't have to wear that, regardless of what you think.

In his time at WSU, Eddie is no worse than top 6 all time in head coaching rankings and that's stretching things.
              He had a tough act to follow with all the talent Smithson brought in. Same could be said for IB but we haven't seen good coaching from IB in any year yet. Though I have to say, he may be learning something this year, they are beginning to look like a team.

Comment

What do Gregg Marshall and Scott Thompson have that ties them together?
                Neither has ever been in my kitchen.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Neither has ever been in my kitchen.
                  That you know of ...

Comment

What do Gregg Marshall and Scott Thompson have that ties them together?
                    Assistant Coach Marty Gross

Comment

• Actually, Scott Thompson and Marty Gross had no ties together at Rice. Marty Gross went to Rice in 1992-2007 (when Gregg came to Wichita) as an Asst. Coach, while Scott Thompson came to WSU in 1992-1996. Gross came to Wichita with Gregg in 2007-2011.

Gross never coached for Scott Thompson.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

Half point at least for effort and creativity.

Comment

• Is IB potentially the 4th coach hired in recent history that will never be a head coach again? Cohen, Smithson, Thompson. Is IB next?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

Probably a nice man and a good coach, but he was a horrible interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                              Is IB potentially the 4th coach hired in recent history that will never be a head coach again? Cohen, Smithson, Thompson. Is IB next?
                              No. IB absolutely should be a head coach somewhere, maybe even next year.

Comment

• Hope we get to find out

Comment

Working...
                                X