Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nm

Comment

Games like today make it less likely. It's not so much this game but the overall 3 year record.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
        Games like today make it less likely. It's not so much this game but the overall 3 year record.
        Games like today make it more likely that IB gets the head coaching job he deserves after this season.

Comment

Barring winning the rest of the games, including a run through the AAC tourney I think his fate has been sealed. Matter now is when, not if.

I don't think today changes anything.

I don't even think a win against Houston changes anything. At least not by itself.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Don't get me wrong I have zero faith in IB. I've said all along my greatest fear is his tenure turns into a .500 quagmire. I'm just not sure his overall 3 year record is bad enough to cut him loose this soon. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Don't get me wrong I have zero faith in IB. I've said all along my greatest fear is his tenure turns into a .500 quagmire. I'm just not sure his overall 3 year record is bad enough to cut him loose this soon. Hope I'm wrong.
              The financials (i.e. attendance numbers) have already made it clear it’s a losing proposition to keep him any longer.

A meaningless win against an AAC bottom feeder without their best player won’t change that.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Thursday night will be interesting. 8PM game time against probable #2 ranked team, highest ranked team in CKA since who knows when. Will the people who own tickets show up, will there be any significant tickets sales leading up to the game?

If the answer to either question is no then the future is set.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Games like today make it more likely that IB gets the head coaching job he deserves after this season.
                  I’m reading that to mean at a low major job. Coaching as the head man just with a lot smaller stakes. Wins like today will help him stay a head coach somewhere.

Comment

ECU would probably dwell in the middle of the Missouri Valley conference. Brown would probably be a top-half MoVal coach.
                    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

The only path I can see to justify IB to get one more year is if he wins the post season tourney and gets us in to the NCAAs. Which means all remaining games are for seeding in the AAC tourney.

If he does that, and I'm the AD, I would probably save the coin and let him finish out his contract -- unless I already have a monster replacement lined up.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I would be satisfied with IB getting WSU to the NIT and then having some success in that tournament.

Comment

Playing devil's advocate here, the case for Isaac Brown:

A lot of talent left this past offseason. A lot of the blame for that could be put on the old AD, who sat and thumbed his sack while the rest of the NCAA world cooked up NIL programs.

Brown has a bunch of new players who are playing together for the first time. In some cases, players who are getting meaningful minutes for the first time in their college careers.

With that backdrop, I could see Isaac Brown saving his job if the team starts putting it together and finishes strong. To what degree, I don't know.
                          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            The only path I can see to justify IB to get one more year is if he wins the post season tourney and gets us in to the NCAAs. Which means all remaining games are for seeding in the AAC tourney.

If he does that, and I'm the AD, I would probably save the coin and let him finish out his contract -- unless I already have a monster replacement lined up.
                            April 1-3, Houston or bust.
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
                              I would be satisfied with IB getting WSU to the NIT and then having some success in that tournament.
                              what do we have to win to get into the NIT? 18 games?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

what do we have to win to get into the NIT? 18 games?
                                We are net 138... Gonna need that in the 60s or 70s

Comment

Working...
                                X