As of now, odds IB is back next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
    This isn't meant to pile on IB at all. But looking at this photo above I wonder how much happier he likely was as an assistant with no pressure on him? Being at the top ain't all it's cracked up to be.
    I can only draw from my own experiences. But as a VP at my tech firm, being close to the CEO, I’ve long since realized that while I enjoy being close to the very top, I have absolutely zero desire to ever be CEO. It’s a thankless job with immense pressure.

Some people (like myself) are much better suited to being second or whatever. It takes a certain special breed of man to excel with a crown on, and not succumb to the pressures of the job or life or fame. I’m not from that breed, and I suspect that IB could be a really strong 2nd or 3rd man, but NOT a good leader. Similar to Mark Adam’s at Texas Tech right now imo.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

I can only draw from my own experiences. But as a VP at my tech firm, being close to the CEO, I’ve long since realized that while I enjoy being close to the very top, I have absolutely zero desire to ever be CEO. It’s a thankless job with immense pressure.

Some people (like myself) are much better suited to being second or whatever. It takes a certain special breed of man to excel with a crown on, and not succumb to the pressures of the job or life or fame. I’m not from that breed, and I suspect that IB could be a really strong 2nd or 3rd man, but NOT a good leader. Similar to Mark Adam’s at Texas Tech right now imo.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
        This isn't meant to pile on IB at all. But looking at this photo above I wonder how much happier he likely was as an assistant with no pressure on him? Being at the top ain't all it's cracked up to be.
        Yeah, I saw him mugging for the camera and not paying attention to the game like everyone else was on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Yeah, I saw him mugging for the camera and not paying attention to the game like everyone else was on the bench.
          I’m kinda surprised I haven’t been roasted yet for that last photo…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Exhibit #72: Compare Shaq's shoe size to HC3GM's. Suuuuure Marshall "punched" that behemoth of a man. Sure he did.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              If Saal is serious about his job and plans to back up all of his talk, then 0.
              This. Saal really walked into a perfect spot to make his mark right away, and I think he does.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I’m kinda surprised I haven’t been roasted yet for that last photo…

What!! For a public service message.

On the other hand, you'd been called a soothsayer had you posted that photo right after he was hired.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                  I think the correct poll should be how many days IB is employed after our last game. Over/Under 7 days.
                  I'll take the over. Coaching candidates aren't going to talk much until their season is over. I believe our season will end much sooner than any good prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I'll take the over. Coaching candidates aren't going to talk much until their season is over. I believe our season will end much sooner than any good prospects.
                    He still has to be fired before we can officially talk to anyone. You fire him as soon as possible so the door is open and even some unofficial feelers can be floated and if someone is available sooner than expected you're already ready already.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

You guys do realize our highest enrollment total in years past was when we had an awful basketball team? There’s anecdotal evidence good basketball will help enrollment in a limited amount but as part of the strategic initiatives of growth and innovation, it ain’t part of the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        You guys do realize our highest enrollment total in years past was when we had an awful basketball team? There’s anecdotal evidence good basketball will help enrollment in a limited amount but as part of the strategic initiatives of growth and innovation, it ain’t part of the plan.
                        That peak was as we dropped football. It steadily dropped until we had a small spike around the time Randy took over the basketball program. It dropped a bit again until after the Roundhouse Renaissance and has mostly been on an upward trend since.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Stick your head in a toilet and flush it.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

What’s the point of establishing standards over the last decade and a half if you don’t respond promptly when they are not being met?
                            If they want to be a serious player and to be a taken seriously by young athletes in the new world of college athletics then there should be 0% chance he returns.
                            I'm just not sure how truly committed WSU and the Athletic Department are to doing whatever it takes to achieve a top 30-50 program status in today’s games. They’ll never come out and say they can’t compete or can’t really get done what needs to be done at this time in the Wild West like environment of college athletics but it they keep him thats pretty much what they’re saying IMO.
                            Yes, sometimes you might need some time to “rally the troops” or rebuild the foundation before launching a strategy but this isn’t one of those cases because when you have the right dude in the right place elevation can happen much quicker. Another season of this to “save” $3M has more potential to cause more long term loss than just taking the hit now, again if they want to be a serious player which just may not be in the cards…
                            If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Stick your head in a toilet and flush it.
                              Already dun’ it.

Comment

Yeah. WSU was at its peak in the 90’s. It’s a shame Marshall ruined the school when he was hired.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X