No announcement yet.

As of now, odds IB is back next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the correct poll should be how many days IB is employed after our last game. Over/Under 7 days.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
      I think the correct poll should be how many days IB is employed after our last game. Over/Under 7 days.
      Do we need days? I'm guessing it will be within a couple hours of his return to Wichita from DFW. And probably not even that long, but that will be when news leaks or it's officially announced.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
        I'll take the under.
        Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Do we need days? I'm guessing it will be within a couple hours of his return to Wichita from DFW. And probably not even that long, but that will be when news leaks or it's officially announced.
          I'll just go ahead and post this now... somebody can bump it when appropriate.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            I pose the following question for your consideration only:

If you were in charge, and your entire well being was reliant on the success of sport A, do you think you would announce a plan to spend an insane amount of money to support a different program, let's call it sport K, that will NEVER pay for itself much less the other 12 sports, without a pretty good idea and or plan in place to ensure the success of sport A?
            Very good point. Perhaps I need to be less of a "glass half empty" thinker lol.

Thinking about this fact does make me feel a tad better.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

If there are people with big pockets that are willing to step up, then he is gone the day after their last game. But I'm not sure that is the case. That is why I am on the 50/50 line.

Comment

Comment

Go the Colorado/Deion Sanders route if necessary. Hire the coach and figure out how to pay for it later!

A charismatic coach that can sell the program and instill confidence in the fan base that he will get things turned around will increase attendance and revenue immediately. Hire the right coach, and I bet the arena is nearly full and season ticket sales go up in year one, even if it takes a couple years to get back to where the program needs to be in terms of wins and losses.

Retain IB and next year we will see crowds smaller than the mid-90's.

Comment

It goes something like this:

"As WSU's primary marketing tool, WSU basketball plays a major role in recruiting the worlds top aerospace engineer students, faculty, and staff. Therefore performance of WSU basketball directly impacts WSU's National Institute of Aviation Research (NIAR) on it's continued pursuit of excellence while digitally transforming the Air Force B-1 aircraft. As such a small portion of the $100 million grant awarded by the Air Force will be used to ensure NIAR's continued internationally recognized excellence by propping up WSU's primary marketing tool: WSU basketball."
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I actually started to buy that myself, as I was reading what I was typing.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Following Doc’s post above, if we assume WSU sells 1000 new season tickets and corresponding SASO contributions next year as a result of hiring a new coach for men’s basketball. Using $1,000.00 as an average for one ticket and one SASO donation and assume 1000 in new tickets and SASO that generates a million, to come close to covering IB’s buyout next year. It would not cover the “cost” to hire a new coach. Should IB still be coaching next year I think it is fair to assume season tickets and SASO contributions may drop next year. No doubt those financial factors may play some role in ADKS decision as to who coaches the Shox next year. I may be way off on my assumption of 1000 new season tickets. Our 4 season tickets and SASO costs us $4,000 a year.

Comment

If IB being gone is a foregone conclusion, we can't cover the incremental costs between letting him go this year or next? If IB is retained next year because the buyout is too large, then we are truly mid-major and should look at relocating to the valley.

Hopefully, ADKS views the bball team as a major player. He has said we don't need to have the best house on the block, but we need to be in the neighborhood.

Anyone think IB is in the neighborhood of the best coaches? Small minded/short term thinkers let resources be an excuse. Visionary leaders do what is right, and find/raise the resources for it. (See Dr. Bardo as exhibit A).

Comment

One thing I know about fundraising is the community paying in with SASO and other donations is very important in keeping the base invested and literally “bought in.” However, fundraising is not subject to the 80/20 rule and maybe not even the 95/5 rule. 97/3 rule? The big donors make all the difference. You can’t crowdfund a program to success. The unfortunate thing you run into is donor fatigue. WSU is competing with the Zoo and United Way and these folks heirs, etc… You don’t want to be the easy one to say no to.

As someone else noted, getting a specific gift named in a will is nice. Then send the donor a pallet of 40’s and some motorcycles and see what happens.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              I actually started to buy that myself, as I was reading what I was typing.
                              One of the things we loved about coach Marshall, was how pro-Wichita he was. He could have had a career in marketing and was a marketing genius until the ‘kaka’ hit the fan. Right until he had his ‘Oh Canada’ moment, he was worth every penny we paid him… and the big (successful) supporters knew it and paid up.

Comment

This isn't meant to pile on IB at all. But looking at this photo above I wonder how much happier he likely was as an assistant with no pressure on him? Being at the top ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X