As of now, odds IB is back next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Yeah, but is Bruce Weber a better coach than Mike Cohen?

Seriously though, If you have to cite the Chickens you are trying way too hard Top. At least you didn't bring up covid. Yet (again)...
    When have I ever brought up COVID?
    The Assman

Comment

• Wichita State basketball is poised for first home losing record in a season since 1996

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Welp, guessing this thread will see a lot of activity from now until next season. I think IB is back for another season unless someone finds a pot of gold.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
          Welp, guessing this thread will see a lot of activity from now until next season. I think IB is back for another season unless someone finds a pot of gold.
          If he's back, I may have to step away from this board to help keep my sanity.

I'd probably remain through softball season, but after that...
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

He's not normal. #Ignore

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Wichita State basketball is poised for first home losing record in a season since 1996

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy
              man that’s depressing

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

SBT sounds more like CB

Comment

• How about we do a little exercise, with the assumption that IB will be back next year and we want to have our best roster, within reason. I'm not saying I want IB coaching next year, just that if the reality is that he will be back, and maybe even the year after, and he makes strides as a head coach, what needs to happen to have the best outcome.

Current roster:

Absolutely must . . . keep Walton, Pohto, Pierre (now that he's embracing defense), Rogers and Ballard (for his defensive presence).
                  Would like to keep . . . Abidde (he has upside), Scott and Flannagan (backup PGs with a year in our system, with MF continuing as a walk-on)
                  Expendable . . . Bell and Ricks, but I don't see Bell leaving.

Needs to be filled:

A starting PG, preferably from the portal.
                  Another PF to add depth with Abbide. I'm thinking Walton become a stretch 4, Pierre moves to the 3, Rogers starts at SG.
                  Another wing player to add depth at the 2 and 3.

That would still leave possibly two scholarships to take a flyer on a high-upside player or get a high school kid to develop.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    How about we do a little exercise, with the assumption that IB will be back next year and we want to have our best roster, within reason. I'm not saying I want IB coaching next year, just that if the reality is that he will be back, and maybe even the year after, and he makes strides as a head coach, what needs to happen to have the best outcome.

Current roster:

Absolutely must . . . keep Walton, Pohto, Pierre (now that he's embracing defense), Rogers and Ballard (for his defensive presence).
                    Would like to keep . . . Abidde (he has upside), Scott and Flannagan (backup PGs with a year in our system, with MF continuing as a walk-on)
                    Expendable . . . Bell and Ricks, but I don't see Bell leaving.

Needs to be filled:

A starting PG, preferably from the portal.
                    Another PF to add depth with Abbide. I'm thinking Walton become a stretch 4, Pierre moves to the 3, Rogers starts at SG.
                    Another wing player to add depth at the 2 and 3.

That would still leave possibly two scholarships to take a flyer on a high-upside player or get a high school kid to develop.
                    Keep in mind we do have a high school kid signed for next year.

Comment

• I'd rather keep Bell than Scott

Comment

• To keep the players we need to keep, they have to believe that the Shox have a shot at the NCAA tourney next year. Pohto and Walton have no problem going to a program that has that opportunity.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          To keep the players we need to keep, they have to believe that the Shox have a shot at the NCAA tourney next year. Pohto and Walton have no problem going to a program that has that opportunity.
                          If IB gets fired, the players will be scrambling for a place to go. Pohto, Ricks, Abidde, Scott are the only guys that still have their free transfer. Of that group, Pohto is the guy that seems the most loyal to our program. Pierre has already made comments in the paper about how he thinks they will be better next year since they’ve had a year to figure it out. It’s gonna be a wild ride this offseason, that’s all I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

If IB gets fired, the players will be scrambling for a place to go. Pohto, Ricks, Abidde, Scott are the only guys that still have their free transfer. Of that group, Pohto is the guy that seems the most loyal to our program. Pierre has already made comments in the paper about how he thinks they will be better next year since they’ve had a year to figure it out. It’s gonna be a wild ride this offseason, that’s all I know.
                            I think a new good coach would have a better chance of retention. Not sure any of these guys think ib will get them nba ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Walton has yet to do a D1 to D1 transfer so he should still have his freebie

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Walton has yet to do a D1 to D1 transfer so he should still have his freebie
                                4-2-4-4 transfers will be treated the same as 4-4-4 transfers.

Comment

Working...
                                X