Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Was ready for a change but to say this is an uninspiring hire is an understatement
    By name , team, conference and overall record, I felt the same. But researching over the past hour, I'm getting a much better feeling. Anxious to sit and watch a few oru games over the next couple of days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

By name , team, conference and overall record, I felt the same. But researching over the past hour, I'm getting a much better feeling. Anxious to sit and watch a few oru games over the next couple of days.
      I think it's perfectly normal for us all to have a knee-jerk reaction.

I am CAUTIOUSLY optimistic, because I want to keep my sanity.

But, he deserves a chance. He is our guy now.

I think most fans will come around over the next few days.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

I really like this hire.
        A guy who has paid his dues, built a program at ORU, which is next to impossible. Look folks, ORU went 18-0 in The Summit last year!
        I don't car what league you reside, 18-0 is impressive!

People on here need to understand that Jans was not happening. The buyout was more than some third world countries GDP!
        Also, some MSU boosters were stepping up with some extra incentives for him to stay in Starkville. Read into that what you will.
        Once again, it wasn't happening.

Kelsey wasn't leaving Charleston either. Very comfortable there and has school and others support.

I think a lot of you will end up eating some serious crow in a year for two.

That is all.
        I am rooting for ShockRef to be proven correct in his assessment. But then again what other choice do I have.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 21, 2023, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

I really like this hire.
          A guy who has paid his dues, built a program at ORU, which is next to impossible. Look folks, ORU went 18-0 in The Summit last year!
          I don't car what league you reside, 18-0 is impressive!

People on here need to understand that Jans was not happening. The buyout was more than some third world countries GDP!
          Also, some MSU boosters were stepping up with some extra incentives for him to stay in Starkville. Read into that what you will.
          Once again, it wasn't happening.

Kelsey wasn't leaving Charleston either. Very comfortable there and has school and others support.

I think a lot of you will end up eating some serious crow in a year for two.

That is all.
          For once, I hope that is NOT all.
          The Assman

Comment

• Was SN around when 3G was hired? Would love to see what people were saying back then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Was ready for a change but to say this is an uninspiring hire is an understatement
              Don’t think this is really fair. And you’re usually a pretty fair poster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                Was SN around when 3G was hired? Would love to see what people were saying back then.
                It was. It was for Turgeon as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

It was during Smithson also. Although different format I believe. Back in the days when a few of us got calls from coach Eck right around the end of Smithson I believe. Lol
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

People hated the Turg hire from what I’ve been told from OG SN.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                      Was SN around when 3G was hired? Would love to see what people were saying back then.
                      Now that I think about it, GGG and PM came from similar conferences. Marshall had a longer track record of winning there and consistent NCAA trips. PM made 2 NCAA trips in 5 years and a S16 run in two shots at that. It's probably easier to recruit to Winthrop[ than to ORU and there are more available recruits in that part of the country. PM seems to heavily recruit Houston and does fairly well.

There seem to be a lot of similarities between Marshall coming in and PM coming in. PM seems to have a better track record of keeping players during the transfer portal era than either GGG of IB.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Turg had a losing record after two years at JaxSt.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

I did. I wanted nothing at WSU to be associated to KU.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                            Oral Bob 2023 Signees and Commitments:

https://247sports.com/college/oral-r...tball/Commits/

Are you doing another official Roster update soon?
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Turg had a losing record after two years at JaxSt.
                              Yeah we couldn’t afford to be too picky then. Maybe we (I) need to acknowledge that we aren’t in a place to attract Tom Izzo and that success right away looks like a team playing better at the end of the year than the beginning.

To be fair, I thought we looked better at the end of this year than any time in the last two. That wasn’t enough to save IB and I don’t know that it should have been. This guy Mills has a tough job ahead of him and zero banked goodwill if things get rocky.
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                                At a quick glance....their most impressive games were:

A 8 point loss to Saint Mary's

A 10 point loss to Utah State

That's about it lol
                                No impressive 9 point losses to the 247th Alcorn State or 10 point loss to 177th East Carolina?

Comment

Working...
                                X